Sign in to follow this  

Gmax minimum size

Guest odog

hello,this is just one of those gmax quirks that gets on my nerve, and I was hoping somebody has found a way to change it. Ever notice when you try to make a standard object smaller than 5 or 6 inches across, it wont create...? Usually I just make it oversize and shrink it down, however, when using auto grid and when you want precise placement this is unacceptable. Is there a setting burried in the options that would change the minimum size?thanks

Guest PhLem

You can try entering the values manually for the size of the object. As far as I know there is no way to change this.Udo:-wavewww.FSXperience.com/projects

Guest bones

You've got me scratching my head now.When I built the controls for my last aircraft I was making parts down to about an inch long - and I can't remember that I had any problem doing so. I think I just zoomed in to a very high level before creating them..I put a dummy part inside the base of the control column - to assist with the animation - and it was extremely small.I'm going to have to do this again aren't I? Just to satisfy my curiosity!

>You've got me scratching my head now. >>When I built the controls for my last aircraft I was making >parts down to about an inch long - and I can't remember that >I had any problem doing so. I think I just zoomed in to a >very high level before creating them.. You know, my head is itching also! When I first began learning GMax, I read everywhere I looked, someone saying with "Great Authority" that we should set up our configuration such that "1 Unit = 1 Meter."Well, having finally gotten around to looking at the included 'Sample' .gmax files (I had forgotten they were still in the FS2002 directory!), the very first thing that smacked me in the face was that the scale MS used was "1 Unit = 1 Inch!" ???I've often wondered if using Unit=Meter may be why achieving finer resolution on some parts is more difficult, since we seem to be limited to -at finest- .001 meters under the "insisted on" scale???However, like yourself, I've had absolutely no problem creating very small parts for the model, such as the mixture control knob...I just had a thought... which for me is dangerous! I wonder just how complex we can make animation... could we - for example - model a fuel cap 'unscrewing' and being removed to dangle from a beaded chain??? :)I'm gonna go scratch my head for awhile and finish my coffee!

keyframes 1-20: unscrewingkeyframes 21-40: cap falling to end of chainkeyframes 41-100: cap swinging back and forth on end of chain, eventually coming to restWhy not? :)Matt