Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eurosky

Can somebody help me?

Guest Eurosky

Hi all,I have a problem with my gmax. A few weeks ago I received the gmax file of Robert Versluys A321. But I had to rescale it +2000 or something to get it the right size (it was really small). Later I sended the file to Kris Bentley, he said "the plane had the size of England" (really big). Again later he sended it to me back after he rescaled it, and guess what... it was really small on my gmax / fs2002. WHY?????I hope somebody can tell me why this happens? Thanks :-( PS, I use Meters, but every time I run Makemdl, it says I don't use meters???

Guest Eurosky

Bump, how can I see what version of gmax I have? :-(

>Bump, how can I see what version of gmax I have? :-( Gosh Albert! I thought sure one of the 'experts' would have spoken up by now... but alas, you've only managed to get me... someone far from expert! :(Usually you can find out what version of any program in Windows by selecting the Help/About menu items... :)For proper interchange of data between the two (or three) of you, you must all be using the same configuration:1 Unit = 1 MeterWhat system you use during development (feet, decimal inches, meters, decimal meters, etc.) is unimportant. Use whatever is convenient for you at the moment. But, the setting above is critical to successful 'swapping' of .gmax files so that you don't run into the scaling problems you've mentioned.I hope this will help and not confuse! :)

Guest odog

Hi guys,Your so modest...Im an expert...a legend in my own mind! No, just kidding, I think becoming a expert would involve so much it would take many years. The only expert Ive ever met was an old guy that ran a hobby store nearby. He could make large scale RC airplanes, truly amazing to watch him work. My dream is to put his style and care into gmax modeling, then theres textures, gauges, flight dynamics, and on and on and on...<

Guest Eurosky

Thanks for the replies, I'll try what you guys said. :-beerchug But look at my shot. No version on it. :-(

Guest odog

You must have 1.0 that came with 2k2, 1.1 is the only upgrade I know about.

Guest Eurosky

ok, I have reinstalled gmax and now I have 1.1But I still have the problem :-(

Guest devaio

thats a big problem, i think i found the solution to it though. Its kinda long but it contact me on msn @ denisvoytenko@msn.com

Guest Eurosky

Thanks, I added you so I hope to speak with you soon :-beerchug