Sign in to follow this  
kaydub

Citation VII...........................................

I have a question for those who are painters.These are the steps and programs I am using to create Dxt1 with alpha channel textures.1.Put one 24 bit 256x256 or (other square) texture in gmax and the other 256x256 (8 or 32 bit) in fs2002 my aircraft texture folder.2.With the 32 bit texture I then have used image tool to convert it to a dxt with alpha. After doing this, I get the dxt but, the alpha channel is not alpha it is a colorkey.:-mad I have also tried the same process to convert the texture with the program Fs texture converter. I still get the same result. Can somebody out their tell me what I need to do to get the alpha channel right?Thank you...:-halo

Yes, I do hvae DXTbmp and it also produces the same effect :-fume ( Dxt1 but a colorkey instead of an aplha.

Why if so many people say use paint shop pro as the program to make the print screenshot template/texture(out from gmax) to edit but, none of the programs that convert textures to Dxt on my computer can access the basic paint shop pro file no matter which way I save it as while I am in paint shop pro, unless I had first, printed the screenshot in microsft paint then edit in paint shop pro. Or is this where I am going about it in the wrong way :-eek or is there something I need to change? I tired the new avsim tutorial on texturing (step 6) explains step by step. I did this and still ended up with a Dxt1 with a colorkey not an alpha.This is what it says exactly about the texture while viewing it with image tool.File: "chrome_T.bmp"Size: 43688 byteswidth: 256 pixelsHeight: 256 pixelsFormat: Dxt1Alpha: Colorkey# Mip Levels: 7Displayed: allDoes anybody know how to fix this mess?x( If so please help...:-zhelp

DXT1 cannot do full alpha; it can only do colorkey.Use DXT3 for full alpha.Matt

Guest MikeEppright

Looks like your 650 is very close. Also looks like main tires need to be a bit larger and windshield top line needs an adjustment. Other than that looks great. Do you fly a 650 normally?

Hello Mike, Thanks for the reply .The aircraft is a cessna citation 7 and there is big difference from a 650 and an citation 7.The shape of the wing and the stablizer.If you would like too see more (up dated) pics of my aircraft check out the "Gmax is great post". No, I do not really fly the cessna citation 7 but, I am a aircraft mechcanic that mainly works on the raytheon kingair for Raytheon aerospace.Thanks for you kind words and good ideas. Sandon

Guest MikeEppright

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you have been misled. The Citation 3, 6 and 7 are all CE-650s. Find a Citation VII and verify the type certificate data. Specifically the differences between the 7 and the 3/6 are that in order to improve the runway performance the -3 engine was modified to use the -5 hot section. This subsequently was identified as the -4 731. In addition to the engine modification, the aircraft was then equipped with digital avionics and autopilot, an externally serrvicable lav and electrically anti-iced windshield. It is definately an improved ship yet still a 650 with appx. the same limited range of old. Citation 7 maintenance manuals and AFMs will verify this. By the way, the FAA would not have allowed different wings and tail with same type certificate. I have flown all 650 varients appx. 1000 hours.Your model does look great!