Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

flight dynamics question

hey guys!can I replace the .air and aircraft.cfg files of a GMAX aircraft so it flies more accurately?here's why: I've been using Mike Stone's GMAX 757 but I'd like to replace it's flight model with FFG's 757-200.Can I safely replace Mike's .air and aircraft.cfg files with the ones from FFG without breaking this great looking model?Thanks to all :D-E

Guest odog

hey,You cant just swap them, you need to make a few changes first.Id suggest the Aircraft Container SDK for M$'s Developers Desk.It will explain whats inside those files. I use AirEd and FSedit(can be found in fs2k2 main folder) to make changes but you can do them manually also.good luck

thanks for your reply!!I imagined it wouldn't work that easily :(I'll give the SDK a try...I don't think I'll have the patience tho :-lol thanks again, cheers!-E

If you are going to try and use a different pair set, aircraft.cfg and *.air file from another aircraft, just make sure you use the set.You most likely will have to adjust the contact points for the landing gear, to raise it out of the dirt or bring it back down to earth. You might have to make a change in the radio section depending on which type radios were used in the aircraft, Standby/Active or Active Only.You make these changes in the aircraft.cfg file. If you open the file set with FS2002 Aircraft Editor, you may cause aerodynamics changes you don't want. It is better to make the changes to the aircraft.cfg file using Notepad or Wordpad.