Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

There's a flight simulator inside Google Earth!

Guys this actually works really well - there's a HUD and joystick support, the hat switch pans the view, there's trim etc... For a freebie easter egg this is pretty cool. Wonder if someone at Google saw TileProxy or something and decided they should put something related to FS into the program...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Looks good but I can't seem to get my yoke to work with it and I seem to keep going into a spin and crashing.

If you are talking CH yoke, the rudder is mapped to the mixture control, which you have to center to allow you to go straight.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Fricking awesome!!!WOW cool! I sent that link to all my pilot friends!! hehenow if only there was sound LOL!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>I bet sound and panels are real soon...:-)>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg>Forum Moderator>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Yep, think so too. This is a hidden feature, i hope that means they don't wanna show it to the masses.....yet! Not until it's better????

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Just adding my WOW to the rest.Pick your favorite spot and FLY!!

Guest rbrown3rd

I believe this has been around for a while. It is just that no one has discovered or used it very much. I do a lot of geographic information system work and we often use it to help visualize an area. My colleagues work on projects visualizing data outputs from large mathematical models and the fly over feature is a great way to display the results to non technical people. I have my Saitek joystick setup with a Google Earth profile. You can map the different controls as you prefer them using the Saitek profile editor.

>I believe this has been around for a while. It is just that>no one has discovered or used it very much. So why didn't you tell us earlier then? :-lol :-hah

As long as you have GE 4.2, then hit CTRL-ALT-A and your there. If that doesn't work try CTRL-A. BTW, has anyone got a joystick working??Dave

Guest JamesMc

You can also enter it through the menu at the top. Under Tools. Click on "Enter Flight Simulator".