Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

There's a flight simulator inside Google Earth!

Odd...I cant call it up with the keystrokes, and I don't see an option under "tools"Here is my build...is there a newer version?TIA,bt Google Earth4.2.0180.1134 (beta)Build DateAug 20 2007Build Time15:52:19RendererOpenGLOperating SystemMicrosoft Windows XP (Service Pack 2)Video DriverNVIDIA Corporation (00006.00014.00011.05822)Max Texture Size8192x8192Serverkh.google.comUserLicense Key

Guest Skidmarks

You have to set your language version to English within Google Earth (not default), then the keyboard command will work. I don't think you get the entry under the tools menu until you have run it at least once.

Worked exactly like you said, including the tool menu.Thanks much, now off to play!bt

Guest rbrown3rd

>>I believe this has been around for a while. It is just>that>>no one has discovered or used it very much. >>So why didn't you tell us earlier then? :-lol :-hah Hi Victor. Well, it was not as well developed as it is now with the release of 4.2. I see a lot of potential in this feature. As soon as Google releases some sort of API to allow developers to build aircraft and panels this thing will be fantastic. I have only tried it with my laptop using 4.2 because I am not home at the moment. It looks really cool compared to the previous releases. I can't wait to try it with my desktop machine at home using my joystick.

Guest Air1

Run it the 1st time with Ctrl + Alt + AThe next time Google Earth loads you will find (Enter flight Simulator)under TOOLs. Some times my Joy Stick works, other times no.Steve A

"Some times my Joy Stick works, other times no."Same here :( They (Google) will have to sort that one out if this is to catch on. Otherwise, in those areas with existing good high res coverage, it can look great and is a terrific tool for intrepid explorers like ourselves :)CH Products USB YokeMike

Guest StewartSky

Gentlemen: Has anyone figured out how to get a "Spot" view in Google Earth Flight Simulator. It would be great to see the plane from the outside as well as from the cockpit.Talk about a Flight Simulator with realistic scenery. Can you possible beat this?!!Regards, Stewart S. Leber

Guest fullstoplanding

I think that the Google Earth Flight Simulator is great and will probable get better in time. However, I find it difficult to fly. I'm on it all the time and that is just to prevent it from crashing. It seems to have no stability, none. Some examples ( I fly the SR22). The airspeed won't stay fixed, with a constant jumping back and forth on the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys resulting in a roller-coaster-ride altimeter; no stability in turns, even shallow ones. Does this program need virtual tranquilizers or what? My computer is an iMac, Safari OS using a Logitech trackball mouse. I tried a Logitec joy stick, but it only works with MS Windows OSs. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to pickup another joy stick that would be compatible with Safari OS? Probably my CH yoke will work in Safari, but it's such a pain to unclamp it from the desk the where I have MS 2004 installed on an HP laptop. And if using the yoke, will the program still fly the same way? But, I digress. Does anyone else have these gross non-stability problems with GE FS?--Roger :-violin