Sign in to follow this  
crvm

VFR Panel Help

Hello, I am trying to have weather effects i.e. raindrops appear on my windscreen. This is a modified landing panel for PIC 767, so I have added this in the panel Cfg as a fixed window view, which was originaly the rear looking view of PIC's panel. I know when you pan to the side views there are no raindrops on those views by default. Is it possible to have the rain on this mod? DF's Piper Archer has TWO views also, one for the main panel and a VFR panel that indeed has the rain effects on the 2nd VFR windscreen. Any help from others who deal in panels would be appreciated............................Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith

>Hello, I am trying to have weather effects i.e. raindrops >appear on my windscreen. This is a modified landing panel >for PIC 767, so I have added this in the panel Cfg as a >fixed window view, which was originaly the rear looking view >of PIC's panel.Randy, the 'raindrop effect' is only available on the forward view. Instead of replaing the rear view, instead set up two forward views, which can be selected through Shift-Fx commands.If you don't want to bother with creating a small .xml icon gauge to accomplish the 'view swapping,' you can simply set it up so that you close one view with Shift-Fx and open the other view with Shift-Fy (where x and y are numbers, of course!).For example, I have created two forward views for the Socata TB20GT: the "pilot's panel" and the "co-pilot's" panel. The same technique can be used for what you're trying to accomplish. Here are the relevant entries from the panel.cfg file:NOTE: because of this forums propensity to hijack the square bracket, I've replaced all square brackets with a curly bracket! :({Window Titles}Window00=Main PanelWindow01=Copilots Paneletc...//////{VIEWS}VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,RADIO_STACK_PANEL,225,10,60,IFR_MAIN_PANEL,70//--------------------------------------------------------{Window00}file=TB20_Panel.bmp file_1024=TB20_Panel_1024.bmp size_mm=640,480window_size_ratio=1.000 position=7visible=1ident=0window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=TB20GT!Attitude Indicator, 104,223,69,69gauge...etc...//--------------------------------------------------------{Window01}file=TB20_Panel2.bmp file_1024=TB20_Panel2_1024.bmp size_mm=640,480window_size_ratio=1.000 position=7visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELwindow_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=TB20GT!KX 155A NAVCOM1, 123,379,165,50gauge...etc.Note that I've declared that the view "Window" exists in the first section of {Windows Titles}.Second, the Window Ident entries are listed in the {Views} section. I used the Ident=Radio_Stack_Panel for the 'second forward view,' but I could as easily used any name. What is important is that it is unique!To "manually" select one view or the other, I could press Shift-F1 to close the first view followed by Shift-F2 to open the second view.For your convenience though, there are some 'preprogrammed icon switches' available here at AVSIM in the /FS2002/Gauges section of the File Library. Adding one to the two 'panel views' will enable a simple mouse click to swap forward views for you automatically.

>{VIEWS} >VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,RADIO_STACK_PANEL,225,10,60,IFR_MAIN_PANEL,70Thanks for your help Bill. Just I seem to be missing something here. Ok, the IDENT for your SECOND FORWARD view is "RADIO_STACK_PANEL" and is listed here above as "RADIO_STACK_PANEL". What are the numbers AFTER for? I.e. "225,10,60,IFR_MAIN_PANEL,70"? Here is mine:[Window01]file=B767Wforward.bmpsize_mm=1280, 680position=6visible=1ident=1gauges ect.........This is the default PIC panel and[Window07]file=B767Wforward2.bmpsize_mm=1280,1024window_size=1.0visible=0nomenu=0ident=Landing_Viewposition=6gauges etc........My VFR panel entry.Now for the windows view for forward I have:[Views]VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=30VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=31VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=32VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=33VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=34VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=35VIEW_REAR_WINDOWS=36VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=8, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_LEFT_DIR=2.0, 0.0, 270VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=1.0, 0.0, 45VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=2.0, 0.0, 90VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_DIR=2.0, 0.0, 135VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=2.0, 0.0, 315VIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIR=2.0, 0.0, 225VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,Landing_View <********************************What am I missing? Thanks again..Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith

>>{VIEWS} >>VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,RADIO_STACK_PANEL,225,10,60,IFR_MAIN_PANEL,70>>Thanks for your help Bill. Just I seem to be missing >something here. > Ok, the IDENT for your SECOND FORWARD view is >"RADIO_STACK_PANEL" and is listed here above as >"RADIO_STACK_PANEL". What are the numbers AFTER for? I.e. >"225,10,60,IFR_MAIN_PANEL,70"? Here is mine: >VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,Landing_View >:)The critical thing is that you have unique names or numbers for each 'window definition.'I used RADIO_STACK_PANEL only because I already had an Icon gauge programmed for that ID, and got lazy... :)

Thanks again for the help. I found out why I am having such trouble. The PIC team has TWO items active on forward view. One for the main panel and another for their Upper panel which does not appear as separate when looking at it. So when I hit Shift X I only remove the Upper post. I see why others have only added to the other views as an option insted of trying to apply it to the forward view. Oh well ....................Peace, crvm

>Thanks again for the help. I found out why I am having such >trouble. > The PIC team has TWO items active on forward view. One for >the main panel and another for their Upper panel which does >not appear as separate when looking at it. So when I hit >Shift X I only remove the Upper post. I see why others have >only added to the other views as an option insted of trying >to apply it to the forward view. You can 'remove' the main instrument panel with Shift-1 (the main panel is nearly always the first entry.If you make 'your' new 'zoomed panel view' the last {Windows.x} entry, then the command to enable/disable would be Shift-(x+1).What you want to do is really quite easy to do; it's just difficult to explain!!! :):)

Bill you give me such hope where others have failed! Lol. Well for giggles here is the important entries in the cfg.:[Window Titles]Window00=Boeing 767 Upper Panel*<++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Window01=Boeing 767 Main Panel *<++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Window02=Boeing 767 Overhead *{Foward Views}Window03=Boeing 767 PedestalWindow04=Boeing 767 FMCWindow05=Boeing 767 Side auxillary PanelWindow06=Boeing 767 Standby InstrumentsWindow07=EADI PIC767 ZoomedWindow08=EHSI PIC767 ZoomedWindow09=Airspeed IndicatorWindow10=Needed For VFR/LANDING panels to work <+++++++++++++++Fixed Window30=L2_windowFixed Window31=R3_windowFixed Window32=R2_windowFixed Window33=R1_windowFixed Window34=L3_windowFixed Window35=L1_windowFixed Window36=VFR PANEL - USE KEYPAD 2*<++++++++++++++++++Fixed Window37=LANDING PANEL - USE KEYPAD 5*<++++++++++++++ *{MY Views} #37 will stay I am only interested in #36} [VIEWS]view_forward_WINDOWS=0VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.7VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.5, 0.0, 0.0Suggestions??? LolBest Wishes, Randy Smith