Sign in to follow this  

designing aircraft

I want to know how to design aircraft with Gmax version 1.1 how hard is it I am new to designing aircraft with Gmax I heard that is was very hard to design planes with Gmax

>I want to know how to design aircraft with Gmax version 1.1 >how hard is it I am new to designing aircraft with Gmax I >heard that is was very hard to design planes with Gmax Do the tutorials that came with FS2002. That's the way most of us have learned...GMax is simply a tool, but like all tools you must learn how to use it. The best way is to search out and read all the basic tutorials you can find (and there are actually quite a few!).Starting from absolute scratch, my team and I are close to putting the finishing touches on our first project. I began work on the 2dpanel and gauges about seven months ago, and we've been working on the GMax visual model for about three months now.Obviously, working alone you can expect to spend about six to seven months on your first project, depending on how much effort you want to put into it.If - after doing your 'homework' - you have specific "how to do this" questions, please feel free to ask! :)

Guest FelixFFDS

As Bill says, "doing your homework" is essential.Going through the discreet gmax tutorials is necessary, to get the feel of the program.THAT ALONE will not get you to a flyable FS plane. You must have FS2002 Professional Edition and have installed gmax and the Microsoft gamepack that actually does the conversion.There are many tutorials both here and at other sites, so once you get through the tutorials and/or need specific help, post away. It's forums like this one that give you the 'real' flightsimmer support you'll need.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Thanks Bill I have tried FSDS and didn't like it but it was a bit easyer to design planes with unfortuantly I did not learn enough to build a good aircraft

I do have FS2002 professional edition and I have Gmax but I am going to download gmax installer 1.1 I would like to know if a newer version of gmax will be released?