Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeEppright

Gmax is great!!

I just can't get enough of this program!! Well, this is were I am at with my first project in gmax.:-) Pulled it out of the hanger to look at the new paint job.:-eek Still have along way to go....:-yellow1

Mighty dark in that cockpit...Looking good, though :) CitX? I'm not great with the small bizjets.Matt

It is a cessna citation VII and thanks for the input!!!:-beerchug

I have been working on this citation VII and it looks like I have along way to go still .. :-bluegrab

Actually gmax isn't great at all... it doesn't even have nurbs included which would definetly be great help for aircraft designer (usually all "real" aircraft 3d models are designed out of nurbs.)

What are "nurbs" ???? Well, maybe gmax is not all that great but,it sure is enjoyable to mess with ;-)

>Actually gmax isn't great at all... it doesn't even have >nurbs included which would definetly be great help for >aircraft designer (usually all "real" aircraft 3d models are >designed out of nurbs.) "Nurbs?"If you meant to say "NURMS," then you are mistaken:NURMS: Produces Non-Uniform Rational MeshSmooth object (NURMS for short). The only smoothing parameter available with the NURMS type is Sharpness. You can further control the object's shape by changing edge weights. See Display/Weighting group, following, for further information on changing weights. This is from the GMax Help file.

No... i ment NURBS =Nonuniform rational b-splines

>No... i ment NURBS =Nonuniform rational b-splines OK, thanks. I've never heard of 'em, so I can't miss 'em then, either! :)Bill

Sandon: I'm really impressed with where you've taken the 650 in such a short period of time. Keep up the great work.Bill: Yeah, NURBS. That's a huge part of 3D Studio Max, I think. When I first tried to learn GMax, I followed some advice and bought a book on 3DStudio Max before I even installed GMax. Read about NURBS, sweated about NURBS, then decided to just try GMAX. Never have even seen NURBS. Kaydub

Kaydub, Thanks for your reply .:-wave I also want to thank you for your cessna bravo:-beerchug Yes, time is an issue, I just don't have much of it:-( Well, I mean at least time too mess with gmax that is.... x( So much to learn for a :-newbie like me but, yet so rewarding . By the way my aircraft is not a 650 it is a Citation VII.The difference between each other is the shape of the wing and stablizer. Thanks againSandon:-wave

Guest devaio

I dont like NURBS, tried it with the demo of Rhino V2, too complicated. But planes modeled with NURBS will look more real

Guest MikeEppright

Your 7 is looking great. I especially like the supporting ground support pieces. Looks very realistic.