Sign in to follow this  

XML Trainee needs help

The following code works, but I cannot figure out how to insert the mask that must go between the face and the needles. The areas outlined in red should be part of the face. The needles are not to be visible in this area. I was trying a MaskImage command, but everytime I tried the gauge would not show up. Any help would be great. Thanks(A:Eng1 cylinder head temperature,celsius)(A:Eng2 cylinder head temperature,celsius)

Guest bartels

Try <Element><Image Name="Cylinder_Temp.bmp" ImageSizes="256,256"/></Element>instead of<Image Name="Cylinder_Temp.bmp" ImageSizes="256,256"/>Arne Bartels

Thanks for the reply, but that part works. "Cylinder_Temp.bmp" is the one labled background. When I was trying to make the mask work, I had left the "Cylinder_Temp.bmp" out so it would not be any part of the problem. There is currently no code included for the mask bitmap. I am thinking it must be inserted between the face bitmap and the needles. I just do not know how to do it.

Guest Eugen

Hi,Can't you use a transparency bitmap where you have used eg 2.2.2 to hide the red parts and 0.0.0 for the transparent part ?I would put Transparency image last in the code i.e above the other bitmaps...Haven't tried but its worth trying.BrgdsEugen

This type of gauge, if I understand the problem correctly, doesn't really need a mask (as such, just a transparent bitmap) at all. Just keep in mind that the resulting effect is based on the sequencing of the graphical elements. I would do something like the following structure:The lighted background Code for the left rotating needle - lighted Code for the right rotating needle - lightedThe unlighted ring/bezel and needle coverSince the unlighted image is placed further down in the sequence, it will cover up the needles just as effectively. The "center" area need to be transparent with a 0,0,0 bitmap color to reveal what's behind.I'm able to get normal masking to work, but it takes a long while, and I have no idea why I succeed :D