Sign in to follow this  
Guest odog

gMax 1.2 out now!

Just when you thought you'd learnt all about the material editor and started seeing more of your family on Sundays:http://www.discreet.comSpecifically:ftp1.discreet.com/web/products/gmax/gmax12.exeftp1.discreet.com/web/products/gmax/gmax12_help.exeftp1.discreet.com/web/products/gmax/gmax12_tutorials.exeftp.autodesk.com/discreet/gmax/library.exeHave funFinn

>Just when you thought you'd learnt all about the material >editor and started seeing more of your family on Sundays: Hi Finn!Yep, they sure have changed the Material Editor, haven't they?When I first opened up the new ME, I just groaned... "Oh no! Maybe I should have waited until the Socata Project was finished before installing 1.2..." :)The "old" ME was a model of simplicity and (I think) quite powerful enough for our purposes.Ah well, like everything else, I'll get used to it.Have Fun!

Guest PhLem

Have you guys experienced any problems with your models created in GMax 1.1 in version 1.2 ? I ask this because I remember when 1.1 came out it messed up all the pivot points. I want to be sure first before upgrading, cause I don't feel like doing the extra work right now.Udo.:-wave

Guest BWIA330

Hey,I have experienced a major problem. Maybe someone can help me out, I cannot export my aircraft to Fs2k2 anymore. For some reason when I export, the only option to export the file is as a plasma file. There is no more makemdl choice there and I have makemdl installed in the plugins folder. What is wrong? Its holding me back from finishing my project.Regards,BWIA330

Guest odog

No, I didnt notice any of that, Im sure you checked the obvious.Take a look at the paths to make sure they werent changed.As a last resort, back up your main folders where you keep your work and textures or whatever, and try a fresh install.

It sounds like you don't have the plugin installed (which isn't the same thing as MakeMDL). Check that you have 'FSModelExp.dle' in your gMax plugins folder. I haven't noticed any problems with older 1.0 or 1.1 models that I've tried in 1.2. Weren't the pivot problems caused by a new version of MakeMDL not gMax anyway?I think the new material editor is a lot more logical, especially for multi-materials. It also has support for more map types, important for CFS3 modellers.Select by material seems to have wandered off, but you can use the following MaxScript instead - I use this a lot:http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs4/columbo/I haven't tried it myself, but I'd imagine the old material editor would probably work if you're feeling really adventurous!Have funFinn

Guest odog

Hi Guys,I totally agree with Finn, It took my thick skull a day to figure the new ME out, but now I wouldn't even think of going back to the old style.A big thank you goes out to Father Bill and Finn for shedding some light on Multiple Materials and Multiple Maps...Im starting to enjoy texturing now...THANK YOU!odog

Guest BWIA330

Hey,Yeah you were right, that file wasnt in the folder. Now its there and everything is working well. Thanks for the help guys.Regards,BWIA330

Heres an upgrade prob for me..."you have a OBED matrix scale applied this is uneccesary and should not be done" getting this message when I try and export to fs2k2 now, and the kicker is that the error log is empty afterwards so i'm lost here

Guest odog

Thats a common problem not related to the upgrade. Go to FFDS and youll find a solution in the tips section.