Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peewee1

xml Airspeed indicator

Guest Peewee1

Hi Gang,Does anyone know of a turboprop A/c or panel with an XML airspeed indicator. The ASI I use at present is a Gau. type and the max. airspeed needle goes right over the hundreds indicator. I would like to tweak it to clear the window but I don't know how to work with the Gau. files. I may be able to tweak an XML gauge if required.

Guest Eugen

Hi,Have you checked the baron and the standby airspeed of B747?BrgdsEugen

Guest Peewee1

Hi Eugen,Thanks for the reply,It was when I was lying in bed last night, thinking about this, as you do !! that I realised that I had not mentioned in my post that I am flying a Dash 8-311. I am reworking the panel and the Baron does not register a high enough airspeed. I could maybe redo the gauge bitmap though. There's a thought!I will checkout the B747 though conversely that may be too high. Same thought applies.MMMMM!!Cheers

Guest Eugen

Hi,I haven't seen your Dash airspeed meter. But you should quite easily be able to change the the positions ie xy for the different values. in the b747 airspeed...The bitmap is another thing that's your artistic skills.....But have looked for another panel with a simular airspeed meter maybee someone already has done what you are looking for ? Have you looked at the b737 airspeed?There is panel called dhc8v09_ig.zip in the file library is that what you are looking for?BrgdsEugen

If you have the artistic skills to create a new image for a modified Baron gauge, then you are saved... No skills needed to change the max value and nonlinearity table in the xml code ;) You're in luck :DJust open the lowresolution image into a paint program and read the xy values directly. And, well, I guess that's about it...

Guest Peewee1

Hi Karl,Thanks also for your reply. I am still at the non serious stage of panel design, so I will mess around with your suggestion and see where it takes me.