Sign in to follow this  
crvm

How To Adjust Minipanel View Perspective

This one is for Bill AVSIM Ombudsman. Can you please tell me how to adjust the "Minipanel's Default View Perspective"? I have replaced the minipanel with my VFR panel but the "Height" is to high. I can change this by "shift+backspace and shift+enter" to where I need it but can I change the "Default Panel cfg" to keep this certain down view and a zoom factor other than the 1.0 ? Best Wishes, Randy Smith

>This one is for Bill AVSIM Ombudsman. >> Can you please tell me how to adjust the "Minipanel's >Default View Perspective"? >> I have replaced the minipanel with my VFR panel but the >"Height" is to high. I can change this by "shift+backspace >and shift+enter" to where I need it but can I change the >"Default Panel cfg" to keep this certain down view and a >zoom factor other than the 1.0 ? Randy, all the parameters for the mini-panel are found in the panel.cfg file in the Aircraftdefault folder:[MiniPanel00]position=7size_mm=700,110window_size=0.96,0.19The above defines the mini-panel for all 'modern' prop a/c. The absolute physical size of the mini-panel is set in the size_mm= section, where mm=pixels (more or less). Where there isn't a 1:1 correspondence, the window_size= defines it as a percentage of the screen. The position= parameter says to "put this panel in 'middle' of the lower part of the screen."That's about the sum of my knowledge on the subject! :) I hope this will help.

Minipanel View Perspective [/p] [/p]In addition to what Bill said above.. there is a VIEWS section in the panel CFG that defines the view angle and zoom. See Microsoft Panel SDK document in the `Views' section for all the parameters. It's not clear if you are talking about `seat height', `view angle' up-down, or perhaps backplane proportion. The line below will cause the `forward view to look straight ahead (0-deg in elevation, pitch and roll). Also see `View Forward Zoom' setting.[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,GPS_PANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM = [/p] [/p]Note: good idea to download SDK, save as HTML, then make desktop icon for easy browser access/reference..Gregory Abbey - Edwinnengineering

Yes those view entries only effect the forward panel views but have NILL effect on the minipanel view which is really the "wideview" for any aircraft and I think is default at zoom 1.0 @ 0 degrees forward in all fields. So, just where does one CHANGE the outside default view that has nothing to do with an aircrafts panel view is really what I need to answer. The minipanel's cfg does not have view entries I suppose because it uses the DEFAULT outside view. Ok I am going to pull my hair out now,.............Thanks.Randy Smith

>Yes those view entries only effect the forward panel views >but have NILL effect on the minipanel view which is really >the "wideview" for any aircraft and I think is default at >zoom 1.0 @ 0 degrees forward in all fields. So, just where >does one CHANGE the outside default view that has nothing to >do with an aircrafts panel view is really what I need to >answer. The minipanel's cfg does not have view entries I >suppose because it uses the DEFAULT outside view. >> Ok I am going to pull my hair out now...>>Randy Smith [/p] [/p]No wait -- don't pull hair..!! { smile } [/p] [/p]Look in the: aircraft default panel folder.There should be a `panel.CFG' file in there. Could you not enter a line or two defining the Forward View? [/p] [/p]Gregory Abbey - Edwinnengineering

Well you would think you can, but just what type of entry would you put? I'll try some forward view entries and see if it works, I very much doubt it though! Thanks again