Sign in to follow this  

Animated parts hiding in FSDS2

Hello,my question is simple: How to hide animated parts in FSDS2 ?For example, in Aircraft Animator I can write a motion sequence:0-20:+1and the part will show only for the first 20% of animation time.Now, how to do the same thing in FSDS2 ?Thank youDimitri

Dimitri,What are you trying ot accomplish? Perhaps there is a better way. Davewww.daviator.com

Well, for example, when a gear is retracted and hidden into the gearwell I want it to disappear in order to improve framerate. (I've just thought about a possible solution: declare the gearwell the parent of the gear, will it work ?)Another application: extending a parachute. From frame 0 to 20 it will be completely fold, from 21 to 40 - starting to open etc. Cannot move/rotate/scale the open parachute to match all the extension process. Hiding would be a perfect solution.ThanksDimitri

>Well, for example, when a gear is retracted and hidden into >the gearwell I want it to disappear in order to improve >framerate. (I've just thought about a possible solution: >declare the gearwell the parent of the gear, will it work ?) Yes - using the c_ l_ r_wheelwell (I believe that's the part name) any part linked to it will not be drawn - disappear - when the gear is "up".>>Another application: extending a parachute. From frame 0 to >20 it will be completely fold, from 21 to 40 - starting to >open etc. Cannot move/rotate/scale the open parachute to >match all the extension process. Hiding would be a perfect >solution. >>Thanks >>Dimitri

Not sure how you would do the parachute but Felix is correct (and so is your assumption) that you can hide the gear using the wheel well function. Dave