Sign in to follow this  

Scanner Panel

Guest Joshieca

Would it be possible to create (if theres not one already) a radio stack panel that acts like a freq. scanner? One that you could say put in about 10 freq's. and have it scan those and stop on one that was active and then start scanning again once the active channel was no longer transmitting.Just wondering, would be a nice to have on those days when you're just sitting around the airport watching the AI fly by.[br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day

I think it is possible to get close to achieve something useful for listening to multiple frequencies. I also like to tune back to the approach frequency after landing and find I am a bit lost in the frequency maze.One way would be to create a radio XML gauge that steps through a range of frequencies using a time delay. You could after a certain delay issue a key event incrementing the frequency. Using COM_RADIO_WHOLE_DECor the like. Or if you stored one or more frequencies in local variables, you might step through them using COM_RADIO_SET to set the current value, then after a delay go to the next one.You might also just automatically switch between standby and active to return to the last frequency, or perhaps set one com radio to tower and one to approach. Using KEY_COM_STBY_RADIO_SETKEY_COM_STBY_RADIO_SWITCH_TOKEY_COM_RADIO_SWAPThere are some other unusual radio commands I do not understand yet that might help.Hope these suggestions get people thinking!Steve

Guest Joshieca

Thanks Steve...What would be really cool, and I am at a complete loss for the RADIO XML code, but if you could have a list of maybe several freqs...maybe like 10 standby codes that could be automatically cycled...even just five would be enough I think for most airports.

Guest JeanLuc_

This sounds like a good idea, however it is hard to know from an FS2002 vars stand point when the frequency is in use (i.e. someone speaking) and prevent the cycle code to delay the frequency change up until there is no chat anymore. This would ressemble a scanner. Food for thought!

[/p]Radio panel [/p] [/p]A step in that direction would be to make a synthesized radio stack.. that is one which could be tuned using the Numpad. In other words.. entering the frequency with the keyboard such as [1] [2] [1] [.] [9] [Enter] [/p]Gregory Abbey - Edwinnengineering