Sign in to follow this  

HELP on Dynamic Response of Aircraft

Hi All,In my quest to understand the simulator I have found a flight recorder program that will record up to 20 hz and capture teh variables that FSUIPC has knowledge upon.In an effort to determine what makes the flightsim customer group "like/accept" an aircraft, I am attempting to document the response of several different aircraft. I have done this in the past for truck engines in the RealWorld, we vs. them, (Peoria vs. Columbus) but I have never done it for aircraft. Must be a little similar?Take a look at the following which is a graph of aircraft pitch, g force, as a function of time when the yoke is pulled rapidly all the way back against your chest. A step function input. I did this after several minutes of level flight on autopilot at max cruise speed - just about into the yellow. Disengaged the AP, and waited to make sure the system was stable, did not touch the throttle, only the yoke for the full pull back.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dd85e2804e40e60.jpgWhat else can we do to compare aircraft and what static conditions should we be starting at?This type of data will allow anyone to adjust the airfile to get the performance envelope into the acceptable and desired region "we" all like.Many Thanks,Bob

Guest odog

Hi Bob,Very interesting...what is the name of this proggy? and where did you get it?Im sorry but I cant be much help with flight dynamics...Im still learning too, but it appears with that program it would be more scientific than my current approach.thanks,joe