Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

Gauges will not show up

Hello! I'm new here on this website and I hope that I can find someone with some experience that can help me out. I've been working with my brother developing gauges for a plane he drew as an experiment. I made and compiled on how the gauges should behave during the game, and I've followed everything in the Panels SDK documentation that was provided, but neither my brother or I could get the gauges to show up, and both him and I are stumped on as to why it will not show up. For example, in my SDK.h file, I have this: // Oil Pressure Bitmaps #define BMP_OIL_BACKGROUND 0x1000 #define BMP_OIL_NEEDLE 0x1100 // RPM Bitmaps #define BMP_RPM_BACKGROUND 0x1600 #define BMP_RPM_NEEDLE 0x1700 ------ in my SDK.c code, I have this: // Oil Pressure #define GAUGE_NAME "Oil0" #define GAUGEHDR_VAR_NAME gaugehdr_oil #define GAUGE_W 192 #include "SDK.oil.c" // RPM #define GAUGE_NAME "RPM0" #define GAUGEHDR_VAR_NAME gaugehdr_rpm #define GAUGE_W 192 #include "SDK.rpm.c" -----and in the Panel.cfg, I have this: gauge03=SDK!Oil,350,250,192 gauge04=SDK!RPM,550,100,192 The bitmaps I used to compile was 192 x 192, 96 DPI resolution. Now, I compiled the entire SDK using the makefile in Visual Studio 6.0 Professional with no errors and a SDK.gau file was created, but we still cannot see the gauges showing up in the game. Anyone have any ideas as to why it will not show up? Steve deafie@adelphia.net

Guest bartels

What is with the .rc? The resource compiler has some nasty habits: it doesn't throw any warning but still doesn't work properly sometimes.If you have Visual Studio you can open the gauge with the resource option and it will show you if all bitmaps are properly included in your .gau file. Check also the numebers used, but take into account that hey are hex values (0x1000=4096,0x1100=4352,0x1600=5632,0x1700=5888).BTW there are ways to compile gauges directly with the Visual Studio without using makefiles.Arne Bartels