Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark McG

Gauge won't show in FS

Guest Mark McG

Hi,I can't get my VSI Gauge to show in FS.I have a bmp for the background, and one for the needle.I have written the code for it in XML using the Baron as a guide.I have converted the image to greyscale for the time being, I will post a colour Pic once I get it running in FS.What am I doing wrong?http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...4bc0b4f92ad.jpg

Grey for the image your showing here only, or for the gauge images as well? I'm not sure how FS2002 handles grey scaled images. You should stick to 256 color bmp format only (at least for starters).Post the code also if we shoud be able to spot errors in the code.

>Grey for the image your showing here only, or for the gauge >images as well? I'm not sure how FS2002 handles grey scaled >images. You should stick to 256 color bmp format only (at >least for starters). >>Post the code also if we shoud be able to spot errors in the >code. 8 bit indexed (256 color), 8, 16, and 24 bit RGB are supported.

Guest Mark McG

Karl,BMP I am using on my HD is in colour.Once I have the gauge working I will show it in colour.Here's the code I have:- - - - (A:Vertical speed,feet per minute) 100 / - - - Thanks for your helpMark

Guest Mark McG

Hi Bill,Here's the colour image Iam using.Just finding it a little tricky to display - 1st gauge I have programmed.Mark

Try this instead:(A:Vertical speed,feet per minute) 100 /The problem was some missing "'s, i.e. at item value 30. I also removed some extra spaces, but I'm not sure it means anything. Lastly, I corrected some capital letters, and again I'm not sure it matters. My opinion is that during coding in any language, it is good practice to stick with one method of doing things (as far as possible).Especially in the beginning of trying out making xml gauges, always "verify" the gauge first with Internet Explorer. I copied your gauge code to a new xml-file, dragged this onto IE, and it immediately showed me where the mistake was. Xml is very picky on correct spelling, correct use of spaces, special characters, ampersands etc.Haven't tested the gauge if it shows up, but as long as IE has no complaints, you are "guaranteed" that the gauge at least will not crash FS2002, even if it contains some errors.

Guest Mark McG

Karl,I now have the gauge showing in FS.Problem was I had a folder within the gauge folder for 1024 resolution but not for 680. moved everything to the main folder.Now I only need to get the needle moving correctly.Mark