Sign in to follow this  

FSDS V2 VC view

Am I missing something? I thought I read that there was a Virtual Cockpit view in V2? If so, how do I get it? The other thing is, I had a nice virtual cockpit for a model, when I put it into V2, I can't see any of the parts? Are they still there or do I have to view them in VC mode (wherever that is hehe)?

Yep, it's there. Select all of the parts you want to be visible in the VC for your existing model (Use Shift + S to select the part) Then hit Ctrl + C to copy all of them. Then go to the Models > New Model and check the VC checkbox. Then paste all of the parts for your VC in the new model. You can now eidt the VC and add more parts. To get back to your exterior model, go to Model (I think as I'm doing this from memory) Next Model. Dave www.daviator.com

Dave,I followed your instructions, but for some reason, I have all my parts in the 3 building windows, but only 1 part shows up in the 3d view.The other question I have is, how do I reposition the axis of a part for animation. For the gear, I currently have the axis in the centre of the leg and I want to move it ot the top so that it pivots from the attachment point.thanks ,DesertRat

For moving a part axis, there are a couple of ways:The quick and dirty way:In Part mode (F5) and (M)ove hold down the shift key, left-click drag the axis to place .. -In ®otate mode, shfit-left click drag rotates the axis.The menu choice way...Transform-->Translate, enter the exact distances, check the "axis only" box and click ok.

Not sure why all parts aren't showing. It's working for me. Can you copy and paste 3 or 4 parts and see if that works? Dave

This is a bug in FSDS2. When you copy and paste multiple parts, they don't show up. Moreover, sometimes you cannot move them. Just press F2 to show the part's properties and close the dialog box. The dissapeared parts will appear.Seems to be another bug, but this time in FS2002 itself:I am actually making a model of Ilyushin Il-62, quite a long aircraft. The pilot's head is situated at about 80 feet ahead from the COG. So I tried to place the virtual cockpit there. The problem is when the view_point (in Aircraft.cfg) is situated farer than 30 ft from the COG the virtual cockpit dissapears. I tried different combinations and I noticed that between 30 and 35 ft the VC appears in certains positions of the aircraft (descending). Finally, I placed the VC close to the COG but I don't think it is a correct solution. Any comment ?