Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Follow me car?

Hi everyone!I have a small and quite weird request ( :) ):I was wondering if anyone of you good aircraft designers out there would be interested in in designing a follow me car?I know it sounds strange but I think you could do a very nice follow me car / truck (GMAX).Anyone interested?

Not such a weird request. I think the problem is more of how you would make it work.Since FS2K2 uses the pink taxi direction indicator, when progressive taxi is requested, I wonder if it would be possible to make the car take over the function. Now that would be neat. The pink line goes the route required from your aircraft to the point that ATC tells you to go to. Wonder if the car could not be placed a bit in front of the aircraft, and then takes the route of the progressive taxi instructions. It would have to be done by someone who understands that point of the FS2K2 programming.Not a bad question at all. I just wonder who could figure it out.http://www3.telus.net/dport1/dansig.jpg

Guest odog

hey guys,I'd like to see that as well, however, I believe this is not exactly a model, more of a scenery add on...Ill make you the car if thats all you want...but it might just have twin Teledyne Continentals pushing it around :-)

Hi everyone!Thx for your responses! The reason I posed this question was that we have been discussing having a follow me car around when we fly online (sweden vacc). I just thought it would be nice to have a nice follow me car to drive around with :)If you would like to make one I would be really greatful!

Oh well, since no one of the "good aircraft designers out there" is willing to make one, I just had my very first gmax attempt, a bit ina VW Bus style. :D I said my FIRST so don't laugh... :-lol Ok, if you start screaming and get a medium heavy heart attack :-mad, lemme know and I immediately gotta stop posting any more shots and I'll just continue for my own :-roll, otherwise, with some help, I'll maybe continue also for you... :-hahJust a few problems for the beginning:- how to make 'landing lights',- how to set contact points,- how to animate the wheels.Texturing? C'mon, we have time...Some help is always appreciated... :-smoochRegards,Etienne :-waveProud to be in thehttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Late, but I found one on the net, click [a href=http://www.sej.dusnet.de/data/mvfollowmecar.zip]here[/a] for download. Haven't tried it yet, though. :-)