Sign in to follow this  

building planes with Gmax 1.2

I am now downloading gmax 1.2 does anyone have a plane that they might want me to build? I will spend all night building a aircraft and I will build any plane I can get the specifications on

>I am now downloading gmax 1.2 does anyone have a plane that >they might want me to build? I will spend all night building >a aircraft and I will build any plane I can get the >specifications on Ummm... how to put this politely and gently...It takes months to build any model that's worth a tinker's damn and will spend more than six minutes on anyone else's hard drive.So far, you've named no less than six different planes you want to build in as many days.There was a young fellow about eight months ago that released a total of five 'aircraft & custom panels' in one week. Would you care to venture a guess how many times the models have been d/l'ed?I grabbed 'em all just out of sheer morbid curiosity. I loaded 'em up, flew 'em once, then promptly sent 'em to the bit bucket.Please, don't set your goals so high. Trust me, you will be gravely disappointed. Pick a modest project, and work through the tough times with help from the 'masters' here (and Iam certainly NOT one of 'em! :) I know my limitations.Completely aside from which, it will probably take at least a few days before you can make even a simple box and export it to FS2k2... :)

I am more of an FSDS guy my self when I heard of gmax I was already learning how to design planes in FSDS I was thinking about building planes in gmax then I got gmax 1.1 and I thought to my self what the heck if i gotten into so I went back to FSDS now that gmax 1.2 it is just as hard as gmax 1.1 I am going to spend 50dollars for FSDS2 I am used to FSDS but that dont mean that I can't learn gmax I am giong to build a J3 cub in gmax do you have any specifications that is all I need it will be nothing fancy just a simple aircraft it will take about 2hours to build or so the cfg file will be simple Bill you will be the first guy to test my first aircraft after I spend teh better half of the day getting the rest of the files from discreet like the gmax help files and so on if I don't get gmax to work I will go get FSDS2 and it will be easier for me but what about making lights in gmax and importing them into FSDSV2 is that possible?