Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

Beriev BE-103 amphib

Guest odog

Hello gang,I came across this Russian bird and just had to have it. Here's the progress so far... ;) Ive been working on it all night ;) ...Im still not happy with the wings, redone em 5 times now. Still much to do, really enjoying this one! what do you think?Here's a link to the real deal http://www.beriev-usa.com/

Guest PhLem

Talking about TALENT. Amazing, really a piece of art. Keep us posted.Btw, what happened to your other plane ??Take care, Udo.:-wave

Guest odog

Thanks Udo,I really enjoyed modeling the BD5, but when it came time for textures I was not having much fun. I met a painter at the FS focus group in Chicago last weekend, and he said he might help me out. I think I would be better served within a good team...Thats what happens when your head is stuck in gmax all night, no time to learn anything else.Thanks again,

Very nice - I just trashed the one that I've been working on off and on for several months...:)Now - don't forget the SA-20P variant (One radial engine on a pylon on top)

Very NICE work! A 3d artist for sure! Do/did you work in clay and stone also? Bet you could! ;-)Keep the hammer pounding and the chips flying. At least in gmax you won't smash any fingers or get debris in you eye. Plus you can put those chipped off pieces back and start again. You don't even have to use glue.As I said in Chicago at the focus meeting, I have to do thing by the numbers, not the eye, so we are currently deep in crunching flight dynamics data and if we get a good handle on turning it into a number game instead of a black art, we will give you a hand on the dynamics. Should have my crash course of self taught dynamics finished by Christmas. (We can measure the devil out of things right now -- we just don't know for sure how to make changes) Do you have any performance and configuration data for either aircraft? ...EDITED --- I should follow the link you provided before asking questions ... Bob .. now if we get a 3d panel/(nite-lighted gauges)/Vcockpit maker we know ...

>.. now if we get a 3d panel/(nite-lighted gauges)/Vcockpit >maker we know ... I'm already 'on board,' Bob. I have most of the information I need but have set it on the top of the 'to do list' until the current project's production begins.

GREAT! -- Let the fun continue!Getting close to having a manufacturing facility. A diverse group with many different thoughts and talent.I like the idea of working on the GA/smaller end of the sim. I bet if one would count up the number of 737 repaints they would come close to out numbering the actual fleet count. With the ever increased power of the scenery engines in FS, more and more people are going to be GA VFR flyers.Bob

>GREAT! -- Let the fun continue! >>Getting close to having a manufacturing facility. A diverse >group with many different thoughts and talent. Actually, one of the things that will make this project much easier than the Socata TB20GT, is that since the Beriev BK-103 is still pretty much a prototype a/c, the "U.S. Version" of the panel is pretty much left to my imagination... 'cause no one knows what it might eventually look like! :)

Guest odog

In regards to flight dynamics...There's some interesting variables for you to play with, one being the elevator being directly inline with the prop wash...quite touchy at full gallop im guessing. Two...no flaps! yet it can still lift off from a 1000' runway. Another interesting aspect is the rudder is the water rudder.glad to hear you guys are there for this one! You know me, Im never satisfied so Ill be banging away at the model until Im told to stop, so let me know when your wrapping up the Socata.

Guest CX001

Yes! Excllent job, Joe! Dopn't woory, i'm still taking good acare of the Stranraer. Wings still need work & I need to make the master textures. (this week, hopefully)

Looks great! I like aircraft that are differnt and this one look like a mini Clipper!I am having just the opposite problem with my project. I started out with the expectation I would have to create the whole a/c myself, model, animation, textures, panel and gauges. So I jump around from one thing to another without being able stick my head in GMAX all night enough to learn anything.Steve

>>With the ever increased power of the scenery engines in FS, >more and more people are going to be GA VFR flyers. >>>Bob I hope so and believe it will be true. I have little or no interest in commercial airliners (except propliners).We now have a level of scenery in FS that is at least not boring flat expanses without any treelines and sometimes can surprise with the realism at ground level or low altitudes. That is one reason I picked an ultralight for my current project. I hope this will encourage people to become VFR "light sport" (the proposed new FAA category that allows light aircraft to fly into controlled airports; UA flying would be quite limited in FS without this category) and GA flyers.Steve

Guest Stefanosg

Thats a really cool looking plane! I can't wait to give her a go when you finish. Looks great so far.

Guest Dominik Mann

Nice!!! :D Hey, why not continue with Beriev and consider the Be-200 for your next project?

Guest odog

That might happen,I am dying to post some new pics...but Ill wait for Show&Tell next week.