Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlwoodward

Skymaster progress

hello all :-)Havent made a post in a while but wanted to let everyone get a look at my first Gmax project as it stands. model is about 99 percent done, just cleaning it up now. if anyone is interested in helping out with the flight dynamics and textures let me know ;-) i'm dreading these aspectshope i'm going in the right direction with this model, it is a version of teh skymaster that doesnt exist (exept in my mind) a 2002 release from Cessna :-)

Guest odog

Looks great. Cant believe thats your first model! You must have modeled in 3d before. My first model looked like it hit a tree :-)Just wondering where your poly count was?Keep it up,

thx for the praise :-)It is my first 3d model ever as a matter of fact, I just have an aptitude for learning new software and concepts (and i'm an avid flightsimmer so I know what i want in an aircraft :-))...this model represents almost 2 months of work at about 3-4 hours a day (and I couldnt have done it without all the great tuts at freeflight design and Chris file's website was a great help as well.poly count including virtual cockpit is right at 40k, hope thats not to much, I get great FPS on my system tho so i'm not worried, I am going to refine the control surfaces and re-work the seats so prolly around 35k when done (crossing fingers)

That's really incredible. Just the kind of a/c I am interested in. I have always been fascinated by pusher props. Winglets and canards just make an a/c more juicy. I would like to build something similar once I am done with the ultralight.Steve

>hope i'm going in the right direction with this model, it is >a version of teh skymaster that doesnt exist (exept in my >mind) a 2002 release from Cessna :-) That is truly a lovely model! Does your 40k include the [interior] as well?

Hey Larry!!You model is looking exceptionally nice!! Too bad I'm not a big friend of "imaginary" planes so my question is: Could you make a normal version or even better, a Riley Super Skyrocket conversion of C337? If you are interested, contact me via e-mail and I can get you some pictures that might be usefull...Mikko

Now that you mention it the next thing on my agenda (assuming I ever finish this one) is a Vietnam era O-2 FAC...who wants to bet i'm a skymaster fan it will have rocket pods and everything so maybe i'll even put out a cfs2 version for chits and giggles lol.so if you have any pics of the O-2 that would be helpfull

Guest jlwoodward

Excellent, especially for a first project.I wonder if you could just take the 182RG cfg and air files and just tweak the contact points and sliders. You might get pretty close in performance.John Woodward