Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlwoodward

Airacobra progress

Guest jlwoodward

I just wanted to show a picture of my P39 so far, and say thanks to all those who have helped with the animation difficulties. I just finished the wheels and gear and had far fewer problems than with the other parts. I guess I am climbing the learning curve.I will probably have some more questions soon.John Woodward

Guest odog

Looks very good John! Cant wait to scare the hell out of the yup's on the north shore! Make a FS2k2 version...I broke my CFS2 disk...accidentally...I swear!Keep climbing...you might need oxygen this high up!

Guest jlwoodward

Hi,It is a 2k2. Unfortunately the cannon won't work unless someone knows how to program it. It should be good for patrolling the Aleutians or flying to Russia.John

I can see we are nearing a "show me yours" event. I had it down for next weekend. Hope we can all make it and have fun like we did last month! Mark it down, "Show me yours" starts November 29 at 0:0:0Bob

>I just wanted to show a picture of my P39 so far, and say >thanks to all those who have helped with the animation >difficulties. I just finished the wheels and gear and had >far fewer problems than with the other parts. I guess I am >climbing the learning curve. >>I will probably have some more questions soon. Hi John!I see you've made quite a bit of progress, and it's starting to shape up...I've gotta ask though, is the gear really that large? That nose gear seems way out of proportion for the size of the aircraft...

Guest CX001

Or buzzing jungles in New Guinea & the Solomans.

Guest CX001

It looks right, but it may be in the extended position(unloaded). I've been around several P-39s, and it has a funny look to it, tall, yet low riding in a way at the same time.

Guest jlwoodward

Far as I know it is pretty close. I have a couple of P39 books and they all show a long nose gear with the nose riding high. It is also scaled from a 3-view. A 3 or 4 inch error is possible, but I don't think it would be too noticeable.John Woodward