Sign in to follow this  

building planes with FSDSV2

I just orderd my copy of FSDSV2 I am going to build a plane with it tomorrow does anyone have any ideas on a plane it can be anything from a cub to today's aerobatic planes

What happened to your gmax projects?A suggestion - build a Gevers Genesis...

I gave gmax up I found out gmax is still as hard to use as it has always been I am more used to FSDSV2 I have used FSDS1.6 and I like FSDS2 better do you have any pic's on the graves gennies?

Odog you are right about that I might design it and build it it will take about 4to5 months on the plane but guess what it will be powered by? 2 J85 with afterburners now that would be cool

My first "encounter" with the Gevers Genesis was an brief article in AIR International (KEY Publications, U.K.)Interestingly, a thread in the FFDS Forum (Note blatant plug) indicated that the Russians had several flying concept planes with telescoping wings, and that extension/retraction was actually easier in flight than on the ground.I've "started" several times on the Genesis. I see that modelling it for FS2002 would require possible compromises, although with contact points for ski-type gear the triphibian concept is "doable"As you can see, the props are mounted on swing "arms" that at the same time form the side and lower part of the fuselage, mounting either the (land) outriggers, or forming the water-landing "floats" "Unfortunately" the positions are different for land or water.It's also not a design that "easily" lends itself to jet engines. While it's a twin engined aircraft, the engines are co-linear, and both engines drive the two props via a clutch and belt mechanism, so the "loss" of one engine doesn't cause yaw problems.

It's not so much the engines, as where they're positioned. In the case of the Genesis, the two engines are within the fuselage, driving the props via belts.In the "usual" twin-jet configurations, where the engines are in the rear, loss of power in one doesn't make for as much a problem as if they were "out" on the wings.

mine will have the engines on the wings I should begin the design tonight or in the morning. I am going to be gone all next week for thanksgiving I wil be back sunday night I have a question felix in FSDS2 when I goto creat airplane mode it shows me all the planes in FS2002 and how do I creat my own designs I am still trying to make the Zivko Edge 540T and no luck still I need to learn the programe first then build planes I have made 2 successful planes it is great alot easier then gmax felix if you have any other planes that you want me to build email me at jbherbs@aol.com and I will email you back the minute I read it so just keep the plane ideas coming