Sign in to follow this  

HELP!....wierd rendering problem

When I load up MSFS2k2 with my skymaster now the whole world slowly but surely turnes dark as seen in the pic below, square by square untill its like an elipse or something. all the detail of my model is lost at this time as well, even though it looks fine upon loading. no other planes do this and I retraced my steps and deleted the changes I had made upon the development of the prob to no avail..still the world fades...I hope someone else out there has had this prob thx in advance

Guest odog

wow, seen alot of weird stuff but not this. I would go back to a previous version...maybe way back, a couple days and see what happens.I learned to keep lots of backups, i have 20 diff versions of my current model in there own folder inside gmax/scenes.If this all fails you might try a fresh install of FS...there's a reason I have very few addons...when im plugging a model in and out I sometimes run into problems that only a fresh install fixes.You can back up your main folders like aircraft, gauges...etc...then plug em in after a reinstall.good luck

Yikes, a really nasty one! What is the polycount? I ask because on my rather low-end system, I _have_ to turn off autogen in order to get terrain textures updated. If autogen is on (even lowest setting) I will eventually get to the point that the scenery is using the lowest quality terrain textures - huge blurry blocks of color.Could there also be duplicate polys that is confusing FS? Just a really wild guess though.All the luck to you figuring this one out, let us know when you do.

poly count stands as of this compiling at 36k, dont see how I can drop it to much tho unfortunatly. I'm running an Athlon xp 1.4 gig with a gig of pc2100 DDR and 64 meg DDR video so I run with all the sliders maxed and get good frame rates in most situations (and I tried adjusting them all to fix the problem, this one has me stumped as I cant reproduce it on any other models