Sign in to follow this  

TB20GT A Runaway Success!

I am totally flabbergasted, and I can assure you that my flabber rarely gets so throughly gasted!Since the intial release just after midnight (or whenever it was actually made available during the early morning), total downloads have grown to well over 1k.I haven't even checked the stats for my private server, nor flightsim.com...There's no longer any doubt in my mind that there's a HUGE, untapped 'marketplace' for good, light GA a/c! :)I am looking forward to the helping in the development of the Beriev BE 103...

Guest odog

wow!Thats alot...thats a nice reward for so much hard work...well deserved.I have to agree with you on the GA aircraft...more likely Gmax GA aircraft. Most of the good ones are hold overs from 2k.I love trimming hedges at 150mph, and finding 'that' runway, you feel like nobody has ever seen before...'cept the guy who mows it :-)nice work guys!dont be scared of my new sig...he doesnt bite...very hard

Guest harry3

Hi Bill!Even in a german FS Forum(www.flightXpress.at), they are enthused of the aircraft and have opened a new topic just for your Aircraft. This happens very seldom, that a Topic is opened just for an aircraft.I haven't downloaded the aircraft yet, but I'll do so very soon.Best regards,Harry

>Hi Bill! >>Even in a german FS Forum(www.flightXpress.at), they are >enthused of the aircraft and have opened a new topic just >for your Aircraft. This happens very seldom, that a Topic is >opened just for an aircraft. >>I haven't downloaded the aircraft yet, but I'll do so very >soon. Thanks, Harry... I've gone there and looked, but didn't find it. Of course, ich kann keine Deutcsh lessen und schrieben, jedentag! :(Bill

Bill congrats with the success it's deserved..great plane, even more great panel..huge VC...Thanks!!!Two minor points which are not clear to me (me that is..perhaps I should read things more careful and not just hastely jump into the new toys...:(-1- The 2d panel is rather high as is in reality, where is the maxview panel/or how can I call it?-2- Why are the textures a bit blurry, especially around the backwindows?Not meant as critique or in a negative way.. I highly admire your talent and patience to achieve this with your team.RegardsRob "Holland&Holland" de VriesFor accurate and custom made ambient and nature sounds(sets) for Lago's FSSoundscape go to:"What Is It Like to See with Your Ears"

RobdeVries.jpg

>Bill congrats with the success it's deserved..great plane, >even more great panel..huge VC...Thanks!!! >>Two minor points which are not clear to me (me that >is..perhaps I should read things more careful and not just >hastely jump into the new toys...:( >-1- The 2d panel is rather high as is in reality, where is >the maxview panel/or how can I call it? Click anywhere on the panel (either left or right panel!) and drag it down until the lower, kneeboard panel is off screen. You'll know if you've gone too far if the bottom edge of the "outside view" starts showing up (pure black background).As an interesting observation, since the original project was simply to create a 2d panel, I made the co-pilot's panel. This was necessary because of the different instruments there, in addition to the 'backups' installed.Now that the VC is a reality, simply 'looking' forward/right will allow you to see the EDM 700 and Shadin clearly enough to set the mixture properly. The only reason to switch to the right panel view in 2d cockpit would be to check the Endurance/FOB (fuel on board) status on the Shadin! :)>-2- Why are the textures a bit blurry, especially around the >backwindows?The textures have been a bit of a problem from the beginning, and are no where near where we want them to be. We will be working hard at developing better textures and will release them along with other 'minor fixes' when the '90 Day Incremental Upgrade' package is ready.Thanks again!

Bill,Thanks for the update, gonna try it immediatly..and you're right..why using 2d when you got a great VC. MM looking forward to fly this bird with active camera, TRACKIR and 3DGlasses :-kewl hehehe Looking forward to the patch in 89 days!!Rob "Holland&Holland" de VriesFor accurate and custom made ambient and nature sounds(sets) for Lago's FSSoundscape go to:"What Is It Like to See with Your Ears"

RobdeVries.jpg

There has been some concern about a certain avionics circuit not coming online, resulting in rather dead avionics for some people (included myself). I fixed the problem by changing a gauge a little.90 days for this one too? I can link directly to a 1kb fix, but that requires uncabbing the gauge cabinet. Otherwise, the fix could get rather ugly in size (in comparison anyway for the whole .cab-file) :DOr, maybe a simpler fix for most, just assign a keyboard key to toggle the avionics master, and use this if avionics doesn't come online when radios/battery are turned on.

>Or, maybe a simpler fix for most, just assign a keyboard key >to toggle the avionics master, and use this if avionics >doesn't come online when radios/battery are turned on. Using the default Shift-N for the avionics switch seems an expedient solution for the interim...Check the assignments menu... Shift-N is the default keyboard assignment! :)BillBTW, my signature photo is missing, 'cause my website's 60 GB of bandwidth was sucked dry today!!! :(

Hi Karl,Thanks for the information on the avionics. Take a look at the FAQs at:http://mtco.com/~rsam/FAQs.htmIt has a work around for this current challenge.Take care,BobSure would like to have some screen shots of the TB20GT from around the world for our Corporate hq building.

Guest harry3

Hi Bill!I saw that you've found the FXP Forum now!Just as an information: I'm also harry3 there, and not "Quax der Bruchpilot", as you thought!Best regards,Harry

>Hi Bill! >>I saw that you've found the FXP Forum now! >Just as an information: I'm also harry3 there, and not "Quax >der Bruchpilot", as you thought! Oh, ok... That's what I get for assuming... :)I won't spend much time there since I don't really read German well enough to be of much help, but I did think that it would be good Public Relations for folks to know that the Team Manager thought "Customer Support" is important enough to take a personal interest... :)Gruss!

>Thanks for the information on the avionics. Take a look at the FAQs>at:>http://mtco.com/~rsam/FAQs.htm>>It has a work around for this current challenge.LOL! I tend to call them "features" :D And my panel is full of'em :(