Sign in to follow this  

CFS2 Tooltip_IDs

Hi,CFS2 gauges like p38f_lightning.gau seem to use their own Tooltip_IDs I can't find documented anywhere. I assume they are defined Tooltip_IDs because they give properly translated messages in my German FS2k2 version. I'd like to use them instead of some FS2k2 Tooltip_IDs which don't work correctly (e.g. attitude indicator, engine RPM or clock). I know how to edit sections but they don't have the translation feature and I couldn't figure out how to produce the pop-up of a CFS2 analog clock with XML yet. Using those Tooltip_IDs (if they exist) would just be convenient and a proper solution. Does anyone know something about it?TIA!Frank

Check this subject, could be useful. I was just made aware of it:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID9/1398.htmlAs for the attitude tooltip, just find the xml code in the HelpID_SDK, write own tooltip using this code, and replace bank (or pitch, don't remember).Then use the link above to make it a localized one if you need it.

Guest bartels

As far as I know the CFS2 aren't tooltip ids, they are help ids. It won't help in XML gauges because you need the names of it, which are unknown. But it might help the C-gauge programmers that the cfs2 helpids start at HELPID_MIN + 0x0DFF. And as Karl already stated producing localized are a bit more difficult then simple text tooltips, but possible.Arne Bartels

Thanks for replying!Karl, I found that useful thread a few days ago and it taught me how to make custom tooltips. What I did for my attitude indicator is copy and paste the code from HelpIDs.doc and replaced the second bank with pitch. I also had to replace the degree symbol with the apropriate xml code. I haven't tried localization yet but will do soon. I suspect I'll not get it working for bank and pitch tho.Arne, I thought the difference between help ids and tooltip ids would be that tooltip ids also give current values and not only the gauge names. CFS2 gauges give both. Too bad they're unknown and I don't know how to hack them out. Unfortunately I'm no programmer, that's why I like scripting so much.Best,Frank