Sign in to follow this  

Antonov An-72/74

Samdim,Great! I enjoyed your AN-74 for FS2k VERY MUCH! :D

The VC is the only thing I really care about. I could care less what the model looks like except for admiring or looking at a historic aircraft. I fly in the VC, that is my office, my enviroment, what I see inside the aircraft and the exterior parts I see out the window. To me that is the aircraft. And the visibility from the 2D cockpit view is unrealistic and so limiting I can hardly find my way to the runway in a pattern landing. VC is the future. There probably will not be any 2D panels someday.Steve

>Samdim, >>Great! I enjoyed your AN-74 for FS2k VERY MUCH! :D Sorry, I never built an An-74... I made an An-71 (AWACS) and the model was really bad.I finished working on textures. Anyone who is intrested in repainting An-72 please leave me your e-mail and I will send you the textures and the mdl file.The virtual cockpit will not be released soon. I am waiting for a new panel and I can't start working on VC without it.By the way, now when An-72 is ready, I can quite easily release two other planes from its family: An-71 (awacs) and An-74-300 (economical version with engines under the wings)An-22 is not in my plans. The next plane will certainly be Ilyushin Il-62. Dimitri

Guest David20UK

Heres my e-mailD.D.Johnson@ncl.ac.ukand if you want to paint Enimex, thats fine by me, I wasnt reserving it or anything.!I'll find another livery to do, but the a/c is amazing, and I hope to receive the mdl and textures (.air file aswell, just so I can check it out in FS2K2) soonThanks samdimDavid Johnson

Guest Dominik Mann

>An-22 is not in my plans. The next plane will certainly be >Ilyushin Il-62. That's even better!!! :D :D :D

Guest eko

Are you having somebody build a brand new 2D panel for the Antonov?I released an update for FS2k2 of Mathias's original Antonov panel to be used with your older An-71 model.You are free to include my panel in your distribution if you wish. If, of course, there is a new panel being made for your new version, then I guess it is not necessary.Here is the link to the panel in the file library:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...ion=&CatID=Root

I've been using Mathias' panel for An-72 and I think it's all right. The yours is even better. The idea to make a new panel wasn't mine. In fact it was born a little before the idea to make the plane itself !Here is a screenshot of the current An-72 state. The painting templates have been sent today to someone who wished to make a new livery. If someone of you wants these templates, leave me your e-mail and I will send them together with the mdl and cfg files.The other screenshot is the current state of my future Il-62. The templates are still in creation status but they will be ready quite soon.Dimitri

Guest eko

Well, if you need anything from me... let me know! I will be happy to update/rework the panel with any input you may have.I programmed a lot of switch gauges for my Advanced 747-400 panel, so I could do a pretty realistic overhead if I had a working template or some specs. I have all the gauges already done... :-)Just let me know if you want me to help in any way... I absolutely love the An-71/72. :-)

Wow Samdim! I am very impressed by all your work! I patiently await release of Antonovs, but after I saw that IL-62M :D I didn't even know about that one! LOOKS GREAT! :DBest Regards Derek Beal :-wavehttp://flightsimmers.net/va/aeroflot724/derekban1.jpgPROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D http://flightsimmers.net/va/aeroflot724/3d...om_russi2bl.gif http://flightsimmers.net/va/aeroflot724/canadaa.gif

Hello,just a little post to tell you that the work is going on and the model is being painted by INS (to my mind - a Great painter). What you see will be the base of all future repaints. Once finished, he will paint it into Aeroflot and military liveries. Dimitri

Guest Dominik Mann

:-eek :-eek :-eekTerrific!!! :7 :7 :7

INS has posted more screenshots at flightsim.ru. Here is one showing the wings painting. Notice the nose is already Aeroflot.

Hello,just a little post to tell you that the work is still going on. Here are two screenshots of more aircrafts of this family: An-71 and An-72P (military version). All these models will be provided of a virtual cockpit. The release date approaches slowly but surely.Dimitri