Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeEppright

This baby needs some skin

Hello all, thought i'd pop up a few more screens of my skymaster tonight :-) and I'm curious if anyone is interested in colaborating (wish there was a spell checker function on this forum) with me on the textures and flight dynamics. I'm in the process of learning these aspects but I would like to release this aircraft before FS2004 is released :-P if anyone is interested contact me at GmadMAX@alltel.net and let me see some of your work :-)P.S. please give me feedback on this model (be brutaly honest please) P.P.S Great job on the Socata N4Gix

>P.S. please give me feedback on this model (be brutaly >honest please) >>P.P.S Great job on the Socata N4Gix That's a lovely model! I don't see anything to 'complain about' myself (but then, I'm hardly an expert...)WRT the Socata, praise rightly belongs first, to the entire TEAM at F.A.R.T.S., and secondly to virtually everyone of you fine folks. If not for all the help received from you guys (gals?), this project would not have been as successful as it has been.A big THANKS to eveyone here!I wish I could help you, but texturing is most certainly NOT among my abilities... :(

Guest odog

Hey,Go here and have a look around... http://dfast.gmaxsupport.com/intro101.htmI was just getting the texturing figured out when they changed ME's on me. This method will allow you to add multiple materials to a single part and unwrap to a single bitmap.If you have questions, Ill offer whatever help I can.odog

Guest InBetween

Greetings,I agree, your Skymaster is looking good!I like the VC (and the tinted glass), if I stuckmy head out the window could I see the parts of ACaft and landing gear?Would the final version of the prop be "rounder" ?Would the VC panel be lit for night ops?I flew as observer a few times in 1971 Thialand, both inthis Skymaster and the OV-10 Bronco (23 TASS)....As I recall the Skymaster was very LOUD inside, but adream to fly..I can see the Major now, cigar clenched in his teeth, armout the rolled-down window like he was driving his Chevyback home...Please continue this project, I can't wait!JR

A gentle bump to keep all our WIPS in view for our customers and guests.

Guest MikeEppright

Excellent job on your push pull. Obviously, this is the pressurized version by the windows. One nit pickin' detail I must question. Newer jets and such use winglets. If my memory serves me, the 337, all series, used a slight droop at the wingtip. A 1969 unpressurized 337 that I flew had an "OWL" STOL conversion and exaggerated droop tips and wing fences allowing impressive slow flight performance. Have you got the somewhat complicated gear retraction sequence mastered? Good luck!