Sign in to follow this  

basic programming?

Hi all,Could someone help me out here? How would I write a really basic program for FS2002? What I want to do is have an alarm sound when the master caution/warning light comes on on a particular aircraft. I have a .wav file, how would I get the file to replay continuously in a loop whenever the light came on?Thanks

First of all, what kind of 'program' do you mean? An external program seems very uneconomic, a much better way are gauges.But: It's kinda difficult to manage, since there's no Master Warning/Caution variable which could be checked. That's all dependent on the aircraft's own gauges. Let's compare the Mooney and the 744 - They both have those lights, but they illuminate under completely different circumstances.Next point is that you can just edit gauges in "XML" style. For real gauges (which are DLLs) you cannot decompile them, you had to rewrite them on your own.Best,EtienneProud to be in thehttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Thanks,I was wanting to have an alarm go off when the MW light on captainsims 727 illuminated (I know that their is no such thing in real life...)Would it not be a case of the program 'knowing' the light was on and then playing the .wav file in a loop, rather than having the induvidual gauges setting it off? Would I have to modify the way the the 727 MW gauge so that as well as illuminating in played the .wav file? Anyway, thanks for your help,how would I go about the above?Thanks

>Next point is that you can just edit gauges in "XML" style. >For real gauges (which are DLLs) you cannot decompile them, >you had to rewrite them on your own. Er... that's not quite correct, sir. You can create entirely NEW gauges with XML, you are not limited to 'just edit(ing)' them!For that matter, XML gauges are every bit as "real" as the compiled C++ gauges!