Sign in to follow this  
JETninja

Looking to collaborate with Gmax Designers on Gulfstrea

Well, first off I am new to the Avsim forum, but a long time faithful to the file library. I am a corporate pilot in the real world but yet I love the ability to come home and share my enthusiasm for aviation with others such as yourselves. I have been flying MSFS since the advent of it back in the 80's and now being able to take to the skies in the most beautiful Gmax designs. This leads me to my main reason for this post. We are missing quality Biz Jets. We have but only a few out there now such as the magnificent Citation Bravo and Rick S's Gulfstream IV. I have been flying Gulfstreams for over two years now with almost 3,000 hours in various models of Gulfstreams including the G-1159, G-IV, and G-V. I would be more than happy to team up with someone to compile the most comprehensive Gulfstream model available. I have tried my hand at Gmax and quickly realized that I will leave that to you pro's out there. What I can provide is all the technical and performance information you could ever desire on the Gulfstreams. I think that it would be a real hit to develop something like this for our community and its something that we are needing to see. Biz jets fans are out there and just waiting and salivating at the thought of new WIP's. So here I shall close extending my offer of technical advice to anyone who might be willing to take on a project like this. Thank you for your time in reading,Max the Gulfstream Driver

>So here I shall >close extending my offer of technical advice to anyone who >might be willing to take on a project like this. Thank you >for your time in reading, >>Max the Gulfstream Driver Hi Max!Cool picture! Is that model FS2K2 compatible? :)I've never had the opportunity to fly a Gulfstream (any model), but only a Merlin III and a Lear 45 (and many light GA of course!).If my plate weren't already full with projects, I'd love to tackle tha a/c, since it is such a lovely bird.I'm not aware of anyone currently involved in building one, but if I do learn of someone, I'll be sure to point 'em your way!The 1st release from the F.A.R.T.S. team was seven months in development (but to be fair, much of that time was spent reinventing the wheel and learning!). Our next project - a Beriev BE-103 - should take less than half that time. After that, we're planning a Lancair Legacy... As I said, we've got a full plate... ;)In your corporate career, did you by any chance get to meet either Jimmy Millsap or Chuck Forcey? Both were long-time corp pilots, now both retired from that and on to second careers...

The Legacy will not take very long. I have excellent material on it and I think the team will be able to hammer it out fairly easy. Do you have a digital camera/scanner that you can get us detail picture with? I trust you have used gmax enough to have it installed and could pull in a file and review it for the team? You must have access to the entire documentation of the aircraft?Please, it certainly is okay by me to have this on our plate. Remember, the first load of "gas" can be charged to the F.A.R.T.S. team! No need to report any "gas" leakge!Bobhttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

Wow what a coincidence! I have just started work on a G-V and was wondering if there was anyone out there with more knowledge than me. I would love to help on this project. Right now im having some trouble with the wing roots, as I can't seem to find any good pictures. So count me in on this project, I can design the model.Paul FelzFelzLaxAttack22@aol.com

Max,I too have my plate pretty full but I might be able to help in some way on it (depending on other projects status... I still need to finish that TBM 700, Air tractor and Zenith Ch-801 update) It would not be Gmax but FSDS 2 which means it would have all the same moving parts. A quality gauge programmer/ Panel designer would be needed also for this since that is not my strongest area of expertize. Another aircraft designer may be able to work on this before me but if no one else raises their hands I will give it a look. I think what every designer will need for this are hight quality/detail 3 view drawings, lots of photos of parts like the gear, airstair, engines, interior, cockpit, luggage compartment etc. since you seem to be uniquely placed for something like that (and of course flight model testing) this looks to be a worthwhile project, that at this time I cannot commit to but will be willing to be placed on "standby" for after the first of the Year.Brian

Hi Paul,I just dug out my "The Modern Civil Aircraft Guide" (Mike Stone's favorite reference) and it has two pages (94 and 95) that contain a three view drwg with general information. If you need it, let us know and we will scan you those two pages.Bobgood luck!http://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

Never had the chance to meet either, Im still but a greenhorn to most in this biz, but quickly networking.

Brian,Thanks for the response. I have access to all desired materials since i share a dual role as both a pilot and a part time job at one of the major training facilities for corporate aviation. Im sure that the aircraft request lists are deep, I just seem to think that something like this, a good quality gmax model would just go over phenomonally, (sp). If no one takes this idea up in the immediate future, I'd be more than happy to start supplying needed info..Take care,Maxiflyagfour@hotmail.comaviator20_99@yahoo.com

Hahaha, Im just tryin to spread the pleasure i get from these aircraft in real life....

Bob, i have access to whatever you need my friend.... :-kewl

Hello Max(and to everyone else as well) I wold like to team up withanyone as well(have acess to not only gmax but 3DSMax and Maya as well,am a pilot but not on a G-V :-( anyway if interested just email me at dannmartin@telus.net. A Gulfstream would be a huge undertakingbut would be a real addition to this sim!!. Dan

Guest odog

Wow...Now here's a guy who know's how to make a request...a refreshing change from. "I need a Flamamarang 200...Ill check back in a week when it's done!"Stunning pics :-eek odog

told ya i have access to what yall need :-beerchug