Sign in to follow this  

Baby stepping.

I am new to designing and I love it. It seems that everytime I jump over a hurdle, I land in front of another one. My latest, which to many is now a pebble on the road to a complete aircraft is, Rflective texures in FSDS2. I am able to build a nice alpha channel bitmap, make it a reflective texture in FSDS, but it is a little too bright. I am building a WW2 era plane that would have some shine, but this baby is like a flying flashlight. How does on turn down the reflective qualities so that there is a little bit on shine but the plane doesn't stand out like a sore thumb, especially in hostile skies. hehe

SamBob's link to Garry's tutorial is a very good "must read" ...Since you're already getting reflective textures, set your alpha channel to start about 220, and go UP from there until you get a decent "sheen" but not too much. Also, by masking, you should be able to get different alhpa areas, some with more, others less, so you don't get a "uniform" sheen. ...