Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stefanosg

fsds2 crashes

Guest jlwoodward

I am having this problem which in all honesty I believe is a problem with my system and not FSDS, but I don't know what to look for.When working between the main and VC models while switching between the 3d and expanded views, I get a message "directx error on resize" and that freezes the program. After exiting the program I get either a mfc42.dll or ddraw.dll error message.An ideas on what I could do?Thanks,John Woodward

I get it too John.... it only happens once in a while but it is a little annoying.. try dropping louis a note over at the freeflight design forum about it.Brian

I got those problems too. Sometimes, when other graphical applications are running (like FS2002 and Photoshop), FSDS pops up a "DirectX error" and either quits or switches the 3D-view to wireframe. I hit Ctrl-S every 30 seconds.

Guest jlwoodward

That's the way it is with me. It seems to be some kind of conflict. Usually I have been on the net for a while or using flight sim or PSP, and the computer seems to slow down. But what is ctrl-s for?John Woodward

Guest CX001

Samdim, I get the exact same thing. I only get it when FS2002 is running, though.BTW, i'm talking about FSDS1

Unfortunately this conflict affects FSDS2 too. Some little differences however:1. FSDS1 often crashes when making the window fullscreen. FSDS2 doesn't (by default it opens a larger window and usually there's no need to make it fullscreen)2. FSDS1 can restart after a crash without sequelae. FSDS2 starts but doesn't show the 3D view unless you quit other graphical programs.FSDS2 has an odd behaviour with textures. Sometimes it copies textures to its local folder and keep using it unless you delete it manually. Sometimes it paints the model only with the textures from its local folder and they don't show up in FS2002 even when they are in the aircraft's textures folder. Strange and useless. It becames really bothering when you work on different models at the same time because they can use textures with the same name (like WingLeft.bmp). Dimitri

Guest Stefanosg

I've had this problem as well, but it seems to occur when I am switching from my VC back to the main model. Suffice it to say, I "save" often.