Sign in to follow this  

Some FSDS2 animation questions

Guest jlwoodward

1. What key settings to use for a flap lever, for example at 0, 10, 20, 30 degrees?2. I would like to make a trim wheel or lever instead of using the default C182 trim wheel. Is this possible without being a gauge programmer? Does FSDS2 allow for custom animations?3. What are end caps used for?Enough for now. Thanks.John Woodward

In the MakeMDL SDK I read that lever_flapis the value for animating the flap lever, but they do not give a range of key values as they do for the levers. My next project is a flap lever, so I should be finding out soon. It may just be a continuous animation from full up to full down based on degrees.You may already know that names exist for linking animations to trim values:trimtab Pitch rotation is based on the elevator trim tab position.trimtab_elevator Pitch rotation is based on the elevator trim tab position.trimtab_l_aileron Pitch rotation is based on the left aileron trim tab position.trimtab_r_aileron Pitch rotation is based on the right aileron trim tab position.trimtab_rudder Pitch rotation is based on the right aileron trim tab position.You do not need an XML gauge on the panel to create an animated trim wheel in the virtual cockpit. There is no need because currently we cannot use the mouse to command controls in the virtual cockpit.If you need a button or lever on the cockpit panel to command trim, then you do need an XML gauge. For the pilot to use in the 2D cockpit and to include in the 3D cockpit so it can be seen (it will respond to keyboard commands). IOW a 2D "gauge" can be a trim button, like an electric trim rocker and it can show up in the 3D cockpit and you can see it work along with keyboard trim adjustments. But if you create a 3D trim wheel as you can see on the "hump" in the Cessna, that is not an XML gauge but merely an animated object responding to the trimtab keyframe linkage.I do not know how you would create these animated sequences in FSDS2.If you mean the various end cap part names defined in the SDK, they are intended for showing the exposed ends of aircraft parts when the "damage" visuals are displayed. For example, if your wing falls off, the end is exposed and you need to show ribs inside the cross section. At least that is how I understand it. It might be useful for a/c with folded wings also.Steve

Flap lever animation. keyframe 0 = flaps upkeyframe 100 = flaps down.Caution. Don't animate flaps with this. The flap lever jumps instantly from one position to another (depending on how many positions are defined in aircraft.cfg). Dimitri