Sign in to follow this  
ILYUSHIN_IL62

Ilyushin IL-62 in progress

Hello,Ilyushin IL-62 is certainly the most successfull Soviet long-range aircraft. It's very well known all over the world, this is also the governemental plane. And with all this - there is no decent model for it in FS since FS98. To repair this, here is my proposal:

WOW! A beautiful aircraft for sure! Now please some Aeroflotcolors?? Oh and slightly dirty too :)Hornit

Guest Dominik Mann

Lovely bird! :D No surprise that the Brits (VC-10) bluntly copied her... *ha-hum* :-lol(edit) Just a few questions I forgot in my initial post...is this a GMax or FSDS2 model? And do you know of any good panel I could use?As for sounds...are there any I might use with this plane?Cheers,

To Dominik:FSDS2 with full new features (you can even lower the famous cratch under the tail) and reflecting metal.There is no good panel for Il-62 for the moment. The last one was created for FS98, it works but it looks ugly.There is a sound set for Il-86, it probably suits for Il-62 too. About 8Mb of excellent sounds. Very high quality.And there are at least 6 or 7 talented painters currently at work on different liveries. But the model is still alpha-version.Dimitri

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, I might use a VC-10 panel for the time being until somebody with more talent than me might do a genuine -62 panel. I already s**k at modifying existing panels - I once tried to "Russify" some panel originally done for another plane by using some Russian-style gauges in place of Western ones, but it did not work out well at all :-( .Anyway, I'm looking forward to this bird! :D :7 Can you make any guesses as to how long it might still take?

:( I love you.... lol, no seriously that looks bloody good dude! Finaly my favourite aircraft for a current FS Version! :D Thank you!Best Regards Derek Beal :-wavehttp://flightsimmers.net/va/aeroflot724/derekban1.jpgPROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D http://flightsimmers.net/va/aeroflot724/3d...om_russi2bl.gif http://flightsimmers.net/va/aeroflot724/canadaa.gif

The plane has been uploaded yesterday to avsim.comFinally, it isn't that great for several reasons:1. It was first created in FSDS1 and then adopted with FSDS22. No decent blueprints available on the web3. Basically it was just a model to test new FSDS2 features4. Cannot make a virtual cockpit without a good 2D panel5. I'm working on two-three other projects (better ones!)6. (The main reason) Two more Russian teams are actually preparing GMAX models of IL-62 with all possible features. Meanwhile, the model is no SO bad. Everything is animated (except passenger doors), there is a kind of bare virtual cockpit with moving levers, and there is a beautiful metal glare I have never seen before on GMAX models. There is a custom panel (I'm not the author) and a good set of original sounds. At the same time, several painters are actually working on different liveries. So you'll get something to fly while expecting for a complete model.Dimitri

It is pretty good, better then all the FS98 versions so for that I thank you! :D I do have a question, the thrust-reversers, is it possible to activate them in midflight in FS? I know for a fact that the IL-62M sometimes activates them right before touch-down, I have never seen this on any jet engined (besides Turboprop) aircraft in FS. Would FSDS2 or gmax implement this feature?Best Regards Derek Beal :-wavehttp://flightsimmers.net/va/aeroflot724/derekbansmall.jpgPROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D

This question has been discussed at flightsim.ru forum and it seems that it is impossible to deploy thrust reversers airborne. FS2002 limitation ?Anyway, Il-62 deploys thrust reversers only at 7m over the runway. Just few seconds before the touchdown. So I don't think it's VERY important to implement this feature.RegardsDimitri

Aw thats too bad, maybe in FS2004 :-hmmm I wasn't too sure when they deployed them, 7m sounds right :-hah But you are right, it isn't very important really. Where are you from Dmitri ?Best Regards Derek Beal :-wavePROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D