Sign in to follow this  

Hah! Vindication At Last! :)

After taking a 'beating' and listening to a lot of 'pissing and moaning'in various NG's about the elevator trim in the Socata TB20GT the F.A.R.T.S. team released...Look at this close up of the real elevator trim control and take careful note of the suggested T/O position... :)Even the 'Real Deal' requires a honking big hunk of negative trim!Vindication At Last! :)

Guest odog

:( I hope the "experts" choke on that!Bill your an amazing man, I almost jumped in a beat the crap outta that jerk last night. But, hanging around with you has taught me a better way of dealing with those "experts"....smash em in the mouth with the truth!We're all better for having you around here.Keep up your good work!joe

Guest CX001

:D My rule is, never say anything you really mean unless you can back it up. EDIT: bad typing. :-roll

Hehe, cool to feel "corrected". But to "nag" som more ;)The takeoff mark should be marked in the next revision on the trim gauge, nobody expects a "neutral" trimposition (TO trim) to be that negative - I for one :DBut it sure seem to explain a few things with my early takeoff attempts :)

A lot of the FS aircraft seem to lack a TO mark on the trim and FS seems to place the initial setting just about anywhere, so I never trust it.Not sure if most GA aircraft have the neutral trim in the center of the readout, but I expect there is no rule. If trim controls were all graduated to an absolute standard of degrees with zero in the middle, then you might expect aircraft with different designs would require different neutral positions (actually TO position---not always neutral?). However if the trim readout is design for the aircraft, then it could be set to center for neutral even if that means some degrees positive or negative.Marking the TO setting is the best solution. Wish they all had it marked.Steve