Sign in to follow this  

Passing parameters from panel.cfg to XML gauges

Hi XML-experts ...Can someone tell me if it is possible to specify XML variables from the calling panel.cfg file ??Some something like:In Panel.cfg:gauge01= example!test, 0,100,10,10, "number"And in gauge Test.xml:.... "number" (>G:Var1) .....Is this possible ?If so, how, and can you give an example ?If not, is there another way of passing info to an XML gauge (e.g. via an .ini file or alike ?(other than using L: panel-wide variables between XML gauges) Thanks in advance,Rob

I've read that this is possible for C gauges but do not know if it works with XML gauges. I suspect this is something that MS left out, but you could try. Perhaps it works like the stdin vector assigning values sequentially to GVar's.I suppose you could make a small 'database' of values using the L:vars by giving them a variety of fixed values for use in other gauges.Steve

Hi Steve,I already tried that with the Gvars, but unfortunately that is no "hidden" feature :-)And I did consider making a simple gauge with only L: Vars definitions for the other gauges (like a sort of .ini file), but that would mean that users of my panel have to edit this ".ini gauge" manually to set the right parameters.And for most Flightsimmer, editting a panel .cfg file is already sometimes more than they can handle :-)Thanks anyway.Rob

Hi,maybe that works with JAVA! I also need something to read/write to a file. Unfortunately I've no expierience in programming JAVA. Maybe someone else could help???regards,Franz

I believe I've read somewhere that it is supposed to be passed to the gauge as a string. Did you try any of those "horrible" string commands? Don't have any experience with concatenating strings and the like myself though.But I also think to have read that it is not possible. But on some (other) occasions I've proven these "not possible" statements wrong.