Sign in to follow this  

Cessna C310R preview

Thanks for the great info. I went back, and changed the wing design to include the Flaps that extend bottom side only. I may just releas it as 2 a 2 model set so you can choose which version to fly. One having greater lift, the other greater drag.Thanks!Also If you would be interested in a sneek peek, e-mail me @kaiser24@cox.netAl

Hi Al, You may have misunderstood me, the 307 Stratoliner DID NOT have split type flaps, all production versions used either the plain flap, which simply moves downward on extension increasing the camber of the wing, or the Fowler flap which moves downward AND rearward to increase both the camber and area of the wing. Hence, the external fairings seen on the wing underside which cover the hinges and flap tracks and by which you might tell the difference between the two types. These fairings are seen on modern aircraft as well. If you want to see a Fowler flap in action have a look at the FS2002 C-172 or C-182, Microsoft modeled them really well. Your Model 307 was fine just the way it was, really an amazing looking aircraft of photoreal quality in my opinion, and I must extend my sincerest apologies to you for any extra work you have done as a result of any misunderstanding of the statements I made in my previous message, or the mistaken observations of anyone else.

Not a problem, however I am abit confused. I looked at a few pictures of the clipper flying cloud as they were bringing it out of the water, and appears that the section over the flaps is indeed solid. Not sure though because of all the pics I have seen I have never gotten a good view of the flaps. Ah well back to look for more pictures..Al

Al, I tried to find some photos on the web that would illustrate the Model 307 flap installation in detail, but came up with nothing.I did see the photos of the Flying Cloud being salvaged, and in one shot if you look closely you can see the hinges on the top surface of the wing. What I meant to convey in my previous messages was that your 307's flaps looked 100% authentic in the screenshots I viewed at your websight and on your signature. The magazine I mentioned previously - Airpower September 1998 - has two detailed photos of the flap installation on the Stratoliner as well as detailed three-views and many other photos and text, and the second flap photo with flaps extended looks exactly like your aircraft's flaps! You really should consider ordering a back issue for $6.00, they are available from the Wings & Airpower websight (search for Wings and Airpower Magazine) or as I said before inside the latest issue of either periodical. I feel terrible that you reworked the flaps when from what I could see, they were right to begin with!

Your 310 looks very nice.... Are you going to set up the cabin and exterior parts (wings, tail, engines) to be visible from the cockpit? Several recent GA releases show nothing when you look to the rear and to the side. Also, what are you using--GMAX or FSDS 2?-John

No, I have always been intruiged by canard aircraft and hope to build a model of one sometime. Another forum user is building a Long-EZ type aircraft, which I am looking forward to. The dimensions are based on the Beta Bird and the overall look based on the Boorabee II. You can do a google search to find pictures on the ultralight history sites.I have read the cautions in the SDK on canard aircraft configuration for the 'elevator' settings.If anyone can point me to a graphic of an with plain black and white markings altimiter I can use for a gauge background I would appreciate it.Steve

Yes, those parts will be visible from cockpit.. I am using GMAX.The 310 is put on temp hold, cause we are finishing up the C421B..

Guest CRELLIOTT0302

Do you have a flyable demo for me to try? I am a MEI and commercial pilot that recieved my MEL in a 310R. I have been trying to find a good FSim9 310R for a long time. None seem to compare. Please let me know.

>Do you have a flyable demo for me to try? I am a MEI and>commercial pilot that recieved my MEL in a 310R. I have been>trying to find a good FSim9 310R for a long time. None seem>to compare. Please let me know.Er, Thomas Foosnes is listed as an "inactive member" and the thread you're replying to is now five years old... ;)AFAIK, this project was never completed nor released in any form... 'Tis a shame of course as it truly was a very nice model!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest CRELLIOTT0302

Well then, Do you know where I may be able to find a nice Cessna 310R or 340A that has a nice VC and flight dynamics? Any help would be great. It seems that all the aircraft that I actually fly or have flown are never made. Please let me know.