Sign in to follow this  

More GMAX Animation Problems

Is it GMAX or is it me? When it comes to keyframe animation sometimes they work and sometimes they do not when exported to the model. They usually _display_ fine in GMAX.I have not been able to get ANY animation based on Position keyframes to work once exported. Only Rotation. Is there some secret? I have save selected the MD80 thrust reverser part to look at its animation. It uses several position and one rotation keys. They look no different from mine. When exported as a model works.(sorry for any typos my wrist is hurting this morning)I followed Fr. Bill's instructions for animating the rudder pedals only substituting postion keys and using a cylinder for a throttle lever.1) select cylinder, move forward to full throttle position2) create a position key for cylinder at 0 and another at 100.4) Begin animation (hit animation key), with time slider at 100, record and then move cylinder backword to idle throttle position. Move slider to 0 and end animation.Yes, it is named correctly. In fact, I copied and pasted several keyframe stock animation names onto the part.Steve

Guest odog

hey, Just a couple of ''gmax'' things. I 'usually' set my keyframes to 1 not 0. Make sure your using the latest MakeMDL from M$. Ive had problems, with the old one, in the past with it not showing animations. joe

0 and 100 are the keyframe times, the keyframe numbers are 1 and 2 if I remember.My version (build) of MakeMDL is 8.00.010912.01Steve

Yeah, I had download the new version with the SDK but somehow forgot to install it. I checked the file dates. THANKS! Animation worked the first time, wasted days and wasted nights...Steve