Sign in to follow this  

My Crj Panel

Almost ready to release. However I need help. I am using xml format and I can't get the autopilot speed select button to work for both IAS and Mach hold depending on what is selected. I cannot get my elevator trim text to work. And lastly my N2 needle is stuck to east. Please Help.(A:Turb eng1 N1, part) 0 max .986 min(L:N1 ref target switch, bool)(L:n1 target, percent) 67 + 67 max 100 min(A:General eng1 throttle lever position, part) s1 0 <REV(L:N1 ref target switch, bool) (A:General eng1 throttle lever position, part) s1 0 >= &&%((L:n1 target, percent) 67 + 67 max 98.6 min)%!5.1f!(A:Turb eng2 N1, part) 0 max .986 min(L:N1 ref target switch, bool)(L:n1 target, percent) 67 + 67 max 98.6 min(A:General eng1 throttle lever position, part) s1 0 <REV(L:N1 ref target switch, bool) (A:General eng1 throttle lever position, part) s1 0 >= &&%((L:n1 target, percent) 67 + 67 max 98.6 min)%!5.1f!

Guest harry3

Hi!Well, about your elevator text: I couldn't find it in your gauge. I've posted my "analog" elevator indicator of the TBM700. Maybe it will help you.About the IAS select: Make a new gauge, a switch, with the Click Event IAS Select,bool, for example. Then go to your Autopilot button and under Click or Click Event(can't remeber it now, it's late!!!), put an if line, where you define, that, if your new subgauge is 0, IAS are held, and if it would be 1, MACH would be held.More information about if{} are in the XML description from Arne Bartels. I see you've got many strings inside your gauge. Could you please tell me what the last part exactly means? %((L:n1 target, percent) 67 + 67 max 98.6 min)% !5.1f!/ And about your panel: Looks great. In my TBM700 I had to make just the main 3 Gauges in EFIS style(EADI,EHSI,VSI). I know what it means to built an EFIS. So I really enjoy yours and have to say that it's really loking great. I'm looking forward to get it! :-)Regards,HarriMaximum="1" Minimum="-1" (A:ELEVATOR TRIM INDICATOR,numbers) Elev Trim Down Elev Trim Up ©2002 by Harald Scheidl [e-mail]

> > ©2002 by Harald Scheidl [e-mail] > Er, Harry... that is a bit pointless, as there's nothing in an XML gauge that's 'copyrightable,' except the bitmaps...Perhaps you might reword that notice to make it more specific... :)

Generally XML is a data format not a program, so therefore it would be the content that is subject to copyright. In FS2002, the content contains a scripting language, again, computer _languages_ are not considered copyrightable. Computer programs may be copyrightable. But they have to be "artistically" significant, that is a unique work that is non-obvious before they are subject to copyright. Markup code has been judged to be protected by copyright in at least one case. The HTML for CNET's pages was ruled protected by copyright. Perhaps this case will not alone set the precedent. The judge may have not fully understood the nature of markup language or perhaps HTML mixes presentation and structure enough to blur the line such that an HTML page can be considered an expression of "style."Is copyright in the DTD? I did not look.As I see it,Steve

Guest harry3

The copyright does nothing with the gauge. It's just written there. And not more. I've done it that if a gauge buidlder needs help with the gauge, that he knows my e mail, so that he can contact me.So, nothing special, the FS2002 even doesn't take notice of this single line!Hope I could answer your question.Maybe you could help me with this string:(the red marked part): What is it used for???%((L:n1 target, percent) 67 + 67 max 98.6 min)% !5.1f!/ Regards,Harry :-)

>Maybe you could help me with this string:(the red marked >part): What is it used for??? >>>%((L:n1 target, percent) 67 + 67 max 98.6 min)% >!5.1f!/ Harry, that simply specifies 5 digits, with one digit right of the decimal point, using 'floating' precision arithmetic.