Sign in to follow this  

A couple of xml questions.

HiI've found how the variables (A:NAV1 GLIDE SLOPE ERROR,enum) and (A:NAV1 RADIAL ERROR,enum) if used in localizer deviation code could become useful, but the question is - should I? I mean, in "normal" FS standard I get full localizer reception coverage from a airport located 20NM to the south, with it's beam pointing to the west. "Normal" code I've seen (baron HSI) seem to use the valid,bool type of checks, which to me doesn't seem to "behave" well. _IF_ I've understood the world of avionics correct.Should I use the valid,bool checks no matter what, or should I "divide" the reception between a colocated LLZ/DME so that I can "flag" the vadility (?) of the localizer signal, while recieving the DME and ident information?One of the points is that certain arrival procedures uses the DME signal on a colocated LLZ/DME on a DME arc that goes well beyond the localizers "beam".Any suggestions on what route to follow?Also, is it possible to parse a variable into a needle rotational delay function? I.e. using ambient temperatures to reflect changes in oil pressure changerate at startup; cold temperatures should yield a slower than normal rise in pressure. My tests doesn't give me any changes when changing temperatures. I know how to pass (select) a string and pass it to a color tag inside a text element, but no way I can make it work for anything else.Here is one (disregard string formatting attempt :)) I tried that IE or FS didn't choke on, but still did nothing (acted like it wasn't defined):Any ideas, is it even possible?

Guest bartels

I have no idea if the formatting works in <Delay... maybe it works to select several decay times like:<Delay DegreesPerSecond="%('time1' 'time2' tempvar temprange < ? )"/>or so. Such constructions work at least with Color.Another thought might be to omit the ' , because a string is needed and !d gives one already so something like:<Delay DegreesPerSecond="%((tempvar))%!d"/>or similar.Anyway, there is a way to calculate a damping effect without any Delay stuff. I haven't programmed it in XML but if you calculate y1=x1*factor+y0*(1.0-factor) where x1 is the "true" value now, y1 is the damped and displayed value now and y0 is the damped value from the previous drawing cycle. factor is a number between 0 and 1. With different factors you can get differently strong damping effects (this is a digital low pass filter by the way).Arne Bartels

But if I read the SDK documentation, there should be a way to "parse" a string to a value, not using a string directly.So, I'll give it a shot, and not be too surpriced if it doesn't work :DAny suggestions or comments on how well default FS gauges does localizer recepection, "outside the beam"? I'm not a pilot, so I can't check, but I would like to do it "better" if it is an issue.If it isn't an issue after all, why is the parameters there in the first place? What other good could they be used for?