Sign in to follow this  

building the Giles G-300 in FSDS 2

I am about to build my first true FS2002 aircraft in FSDS 2 it is non other then the akrotech giles G-300 I have a pic of the plane and the paint looks awsome

I'll give you another challenge to try: The Thunder Gull J--one of the best ultralights out there, and perhaps one of the easier aircraft to design. Here's a link showing the Thunder Gull.... Now if only my life insurance covered ultralight aircraft :)http://www.fix.net/~mbert/j.htm

John you got that right I am also about to get a ultralight the Rans S-10 sakota I still have to build it and I will I am going to take teh build as you get the money approach since that is how most kit aircraft are built

Hey Greg! Nice looking plane you have selected. Though I would like to correct one little detail. That plane in the picture is actually Giles G-202/CAP-222. Giles G-300 is single seater...

I myself could never fly something I built. I am the type of person who would pick up a rudder and say--"oops, I forgot this". Then I would say, "Heck, don't need it now". We have a color laser at my office...it is hard to replace the toner and fuser and imaging drum--I swear it requires 15 fingers to do it. Somewhere in the process a year or two ago, I pulled an old imaging drum out, heard a sound like a guitar string breaking, and out came this 8 inch long roller. I discretely put it aside, put in the new drum, and the printer has kept on churning for the past year.I hate those extra parts :)

Hey MIkko! what sound should I use the Giles 202 sound or create its own sound?

I think default Extra 200 sounds would do just fine at the beginning... :)

I agree with you there Mikko but how do I make the sound files?

Guest jlwoodward

Hi Mikko,I was asking around in the bush forum about 3-views for a Lake Renegade. Someone thought you had been working on one. Do you know if a 3-view can be found?Thanks,John Woodward

Hi John!Send me an e-mail so I can get your e-mail address. I have pretty nice 3-Views for a 270T...BTW, what program are you using to design it? I have pretty nice FSDS-start for the 270T and I was wondering if it would help you if I gave it to you. Anyway, talk about it more via e-mail...

Brian my FSDS 2 plane will have a PFD digital panel and VC it will have teh defualt smoke system untill I get a custom smoke system a friend of mine is working on one now it will be included in the YAK52W mine is going to have a walter 601 500SHP turbine or I could go with the M14P 400HP engine the airshow one will have teh M14P and the other one is going to have the turbine both will have a custom panel digital and it will also have a custom smoke system i have yet to find any 3views of it can you give me some information on where to find a 3view?

Guest jlwoodward

Greg,If you go over to Simviation and then look under design and then resources (I think that is the order but you will see when you get there), there is a list of several 3-view sources. However, I didn't have any luck finding a Luscombe there, so hope you do better.John Woodward

>Hey Mikko, I thought you were gonna send me the lake !!! >:-lol >>No prob, John is welcome to it :-) >>Brian HEHEHEHE, I thought I already sent it to you :(Well, I'm gonna upload it sometime in January when I get back to Joensuu. I'll then pass the URL to both of you. Brian can make the FSDS2 version of it and John can use it as reference if it helps him...ps. I'll send the 3-views to John later today via e-mail now that I got his address. Well, this is of course if I can remember ;-)

Mikko I am going to try a Giles singel seat G-300 but with a twist a turbine engine in it 500SHP