Sign in to follow this  

ai aircraft textures

I might be off base posting this question in this forum but I'm sure I can get an answer at this location. I'm a fairly novice user. It concerns ai aircraft. In the texture folder there are two bitmap files, one labeled with a "T" and one labled with a "L." I'm fairly certain that the T stands for texture but what does the L file do? The reason I ask, is that I downloaded a complete set of Northwest ai aircraft from the unofficial Project AI site and all of the aircraft only have the "T" file. There's no explaination in the readme. Can I take an "L" file from another texture folder of the same aircraft and use it in the Northwest texture folder of a similar aircraft? If there's a web site that explains this sort of thing I'd appreciate knowing about it.Thanks a lot. Dick

>I might be off base posting this question in this forum but >I'm sure I can get an answer at this location. I'm a fairly >novice user. It concerns ai aircraft. In the texture folder >there are two bitmap files, one labeled with a "T" and one >labled with a "L."The _L.bmp files are "lightmap" textures used to provide the 'night illumination' for the a/c.Yes, you can use the same _L.bmp file with the repaints (as long as they are for the identical .mdl of course!)...

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot BillDick