Sign in to follow this  

No VOR 2 usable

Hi,I notice that on a lot of 3rd party panels (designed for and running on FS2002), that even though they have a VOR2 gauge, it never works - is there something I have to do, or a file I have to have to make the VOR2 work ok? VOR 1 is always fine, but rarley does the VOR 2 work.Many thanks.

>Hi, >>I notice that on a lot of 3rd party panels (designed for and >running on FS2002), that even though they have a VOR2 gauge, >it never works - is there something I have to do, or a file >I have to have to make the VOR2 work ok? VOR 1 is always >fine, but rarley does the VOR 2 work. Check the radio section of the aircraft.cfg to be sure that NAV2 is enabled:// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1Com.1=1, 1Com.2=1, 1Nav.1=1, 1, 1Nav.2=1, 1, 1Adf.1=1Transponder.1=1Marker.1=1

Thanks for that.In one of the aircraft there was surprisingly no [Radio] seciton at all, so I cut and pasted one in. This was odd, given that the COM and NAV 1 did work ok (just not VOR 2). I presume it was ok to cut and paste the whole section and this won't cause any problems?Regards.

When you import an aircraft into FS2002, it checks the aircraft.cfg and *.air files for the correct structure. If it is not correct, it adds the sections to the aircraft.cfg file and may update the *.air file section.One section it forgot is the radio section which has two variations. One for a radio with a standby selector and another for a radio without a standby selector. Without the radio section it default to the radio without a standby selector. So when you import an aircraft with a radio that has a standby selector, it doesn't work properly.

>Thanks for that. >>In one of the aircraft there was surprisingly no [Radio] >seciton at all, so I cut and pasted one in. This was odd, >given that the COM and NAV 1 did work ok (just not VOR 2). I >presume it was ok to cut and paste the whole section and >this won't cause any problems? The one I sent has everything enabled, so you need only mark as 0 (zero) those items that aren't installed on the a/c...of course, if it isn't installed it won't work anyway, so you may as well just leave 'em all set ON... :)