Sign in to follow this  

Virtual Cockpit

Hey guys:I'm wondering if anyone here can give me a detail description on how to make a DYNAMIC(guages move) Virtual Cockpit. I downloaded a tutorial for CFS but that didnt help much considering im useing FS2002. Also tell me what program you use to make it, so I am aware on which one to purchase. Thank you. Chris W AAL630

>Hey guys: >I'm wondering if anyone here can give me a detail >description on how to make a DYNAMIC(guages move) Virtual >Cockpit. I downloaded a tutorial for CFS but that didnt help >much considering im useing FS2002. Also tell me what program >you use to make it, so I am aware on which one to purchase. The dynamic cockpit (aka Virtual Cockpit) is made with either GMax or FSDS2, and is part of the compiled .mdl file.Your question makes it sound like you want to "add" a VC to an a/c that doesn't have one... which simply cannot be done.OTOH, if you simply want to know how to include one in a completely new model, look through the messages over the last four months, and you'll find quite a few that I've written as 'mini-tutorials' on VC creation.

>Chris, here is a tutorial >http://www.freeflightdesign.com/tutorials/dvc_tutorial.zip >>Download it. It helped me when I was trying to figure out >how to make them in GMAX. It is at this website: >http://www.freeflightdesign.com >>Good Luck! You do realize that there are several errors in that tutorial, right? Evidently you managed to either avoid them or got lucky... :)It is a good work, and did provide the needed clues, but that technique will lead to several dead ends when it comes time to add night lighting.

Hey guys thanks alot for responding so quickly. I will try that tutorial. There HHASSS to be someway to add a VC to a model. Chris

>Hey guys thanks alot for responding so quickly. I will try >that tutorial. There HHASSS to be someway to add a VC to a >model. No, I can assure you that there is not! If you don't have the original source file, it is impossible.

Crap. There is no way to just insert it into the aircraft? Chris

>Crap. There is no way to just insert it into the aircraft? It is an impossible as trying to place a 2 ct. diamond at the exact center of a 6 lb cube of platinum - without melting and recasting the metal... :(

Ok, lol, thanks ALOT for your help. At least I know I wasnt begining a project that I cannot finish. Chris

Guest jlwoodward

Bill,Do you remember about when you did the one on lighting? I looked back a couple of months. Most likely, I looked right at it but didn't see it.Thanks,John Woodward

>Bill, >>Do you remember about when you did the one on lighting? I >looked back a couple of months. Most likely, I looked right >at it but didn't see it. John, Felix has it posted on the FSDS website:http://freeflightdesignBill