Sign in to follow this  

Does anybody know why this is happening????

I apply a texture in GMAX, and this is what it looks like on the part that I am texturing. Is there a solution???Please help....... Somebody :-(

Guest moomox

I think this is a limitation of Gmax. If you export the aircraft the textures will look like they do in your Bitmap file.... At least that's what happens with making buildings in GMax...David

thats cool and all, but I need to see how they line up in GMAX so that the textures are aligning correctly.

>thats cool and all, but I need to see how they line up in >GMAX so that the textures are aligning correctly. You did create a UVW map for the texture, right? Did you then add a UVW Unwrap modifier to the stack, and load the UVW map into the Editor for adjustments?

>yep....... >>I am stumped! What technique did you use to select the specific polys for each UVW map? Are you using a multi-texture, or discrete textures with generalized mapping?

Guest odog

hi,looks to me like you need to adjust your display settings.CUSTOMIZE/PREFERENCES/VIEWPORTS....try the openGL driver for startson the same menu,Click on CONFIGURE DRIVER...set download texture size to 512, and tick "match bitmap as close as possible"CUSTOMIZE/VIEWPORT CONFIGURATION...in redering method, tick "texture correction"This should straigten things up,,,it will slow down Gmax, so you might want to enable DEGREDATION OVERIDE...It's the tool next to the 3 magnets (snap settings) on the bottom in the middle, its a little grey cube.odog

Thanks to everybody that helped get my drivers in order.Got the problem fixed!Thanks all!!!!Greggory