Sign in to follow this  
Darth Mop

What opens aircraft model MDL files?

Can someone please point me towards a program that views and edits aircraft model mdls? Thanks,

Out of curiosity, why would you want to edit an aircraft mdl file?(Apart from the fact that you can open it with a hex editor)>Can someone please point me towards a program that views and >edits aircraft model mdls? >> Thanks,

>Can someone please point me towards a program that views and >edits aircraft model mdls? There isn't one, thankfully...

I was not interested in CHANGING anything but thought it would better explain my question of a viewer for the files. I wanted to check out how a certain thing was "setup" .

There is one, but out of disrespect for the program I'm not going to post the link.I hope that someone will put that site out of commission (in a legal way) very soon.

@alex, i can fully understand you, as a aircraft modeller you wont that someone opens your aicraft model, change it and upload it as his aicraft.BUT:just have a look at games etc.first example: Counter-Strike, Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament 2003... in this community noone say something against those convertersyou can open, change, just everything with the files. why not? btw: not everyone wants to change and reupload the changed file, the files can be used for nice render pictures too!

Given the amount of piracy of models and stuff already happening here a decompiler would kill the addon market completely.It would start with the commercial market where all companies will quickly be forced out of business except those using the tool to reverse engineer freeware models (other commercial models being too risky) and selling them.Then the freeware groups would disappear because of that.Finally, those pirating commercial groups would be forced to shut down either through legal pressure or because endusers refuse to buy their stuff (instead rather pirating it).

I concur.... That is exactly what is going to happen. Anywayzz, can we just drop the subject and ask the admin for a lock on this topic?