Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

Now It's Beginning To Feel Like an EZE ...

Guest Fly1

A little update on how the Long Eze (with small mods) is going. I am now tinkering with a panel for it. Nothing outstanding, but helps to set the mood. I was able to get the OK from the gentleman who's air file I am using, therefore if there is any interest I would consider uploading this when completed. Still a bit to go, but it seems like it's coming along. Happy Holidays to ALL !!!!!!!Bob C.

Absoultely Bob! I check back every week looking for news of her! One of my very favorite aircraft in the world. Been lucky enough to have actually flown one a couple years ago. ps...The Panels looking sharp too!

Guest Fly1

Appreciate the comments. I always wanted one but never could afford it. Had a very nice KR2, so I can't complain. Need to come up with a decent paint scheme for it. If anyone has a shot of a good job e-mail it to me. I've got some shot's, but always looking for more.Thanks!!Bob C.

Guest Fly1

Thanks for the info. I been to most of those to get general information on layout. The Berkut is tooooo cool.Merry Christmas all!!Bob C.

Guest Fly1

Just for the record, the picture I attached to my last post was not of my project, (I wish) but a shot of a Berkut which I thought was very cool, in response to the previous post by JET. My humble project is creeping along. I always tend to get caught up in the details. The initial release will not have a virtual cockpit, but I am dreaming of ways to try and pull it off. I would like it to be similar to the 2D panel, but that would take a bit of work. We'll see.Be Safe, Be Happy Bob C.

Guest Fly1

Little bit more work done. Thing I love about homebuilts is the ability to add those personal touches to make your aircraft unique. Happy Christmas to All!!Bob C.

Exactly! I plan on putting a Turbo 2 Rotor Mazda in mine! 250-300HP all day long with serious altitude capabilities when needed. Actually plan to use one in a plane I hope to build 10 years or so down the road....I thought that top Panel pic was a VC...looks sweet!She's looking great Bob! Happy Holidays!

It's looking really nice...One suggestion...make the wings/winglets/canard visible from the cockpit. Are there any known EZE's with the wing tanks? How does it increase the range, and what's the penalty at cruise?-John

I've seen EZ's with extra tanks.... on with drop style tanks and one with blended slipper tanks like a Lockheed U-2S or Lockheed Jetstar.Brian

Guest Fly1

Regarding visible wings and canards from the cockpit, I am thinking of doing 2D screens based on the VC views, and include with the standard panel. The VC will require a good bit of work (if I can pull it off, say a prayer for me Bill) and will come later.Here's a shot with a little dab of paint on it. I'm not sure if I like the red though. The textures are already done so it'll do for now.Hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas !!!!!! I am about to bust from the turkey and ham. Oh the sweet missery. Bob C.PS Anyone catch the Two Towers yet? I'm lovin it!!

Guest Fly1

OK, I think I'm finished with the outside for the moment. (Maybe)On to the inside views.Bob C.

Looks better an better every post....Rather than the 2-d views, try to clone the wings and canard and assign them the labels needed so they show up from the cockpit. A gentleman here who did the recent great Socata knows the process very well. It really adds a sensation of flight, especially to the smaller GA aircraft. It might even save some work in the long run. As for the V/C, many authors have started with a static bmp texture for the panel, and expanded on the V/C after the second or third release. This might relieve you of the work involved with mapping the gauges, etc.... I love most the canopy of this EZ... Looks very good, and I ended up doing a double-take--thought that it was real for a moment :)Haven't seen the Two Towers.... Looking forward to it though....-John

Guest Fly1

Thank you for the kind remarks! I will check into the viewing option. Sounds interesting, especially if it saves a major amount of work.Your comments about the VC are how I stated on my first test plane. On this one I would like to get the smooth curved contours of the foam and glass, as in the real one, BUT, I'm afraid of the poly count. It's already running high.Bob C.