Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX001

Metal finish

Guest jlwoodward

Please tell me if this looks right for aluminum. The color is 134, 138, 139, 128. I don't have an eye for color- I will believe whatever anyone tells me.Second, the same texture is used for the right and left ailerons, but for the left one it shows up transparent. I tried inverting X. Didn't work. What could be going wrong?Thanks,John WoodwardForgot- the tail part is not done yet.

You might want to try a less darker shade of grey!Looks good! Keep up the good work!

What I use is color 206,206,206 then add an alpha channel in Photoshop with a color at 55%seems to get a good Aluminum look.Al

Guest jlwoodward

Does this look better? 206/206/206/140 on front part.

John,Try an almost white light gray with a dark gray Alpha to make a better aluminum (thats what I did on my 140, feel free to open up the textures to steal the colors to use on yours)Also if the part looks tranparent, double check that the part is set up for reflective textures in the texture properties.Brian

Guest CX001

I ahve found that it helps if you shade the texture somewhat on the top and bottom. For example, shade the upper half of the fuselage a progreesively darker blue, but not too dark. Aluminum oxidizes(dulls) very quickly and tends to "lighten" things. For the lower half, same procedure as above, but a mid brown color. For the intersection, make a hard edge, and then take a blur tool to it and blur the edge a bit. Works pretty well for me. Just my 2 cents...